Ever hear of Alan Probst?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by buddah, Jul 21, 2007.

1. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Well he and I grew up together and his Dad (Charlie or "Chuck", sister (sheree)& GrandMother(Elenor) all used to go our church...Well I'm flippin through the channels and who do I see fly-fishing...Yup, you guessed it! Alan Probst...So I dropped him an invite to go fishing this year up at our little cabin; It's a Waaay up the Pine Creek Gorge area (PA GrandCanyon) And he accepted it! I'm excited to see him again. His little sister was my first little girlfriend...shhhh HAHAHA we was only like 9-10 Years old just so you know. Wonderfully kind people too. I used to mow his GrandMothers yard and put her screens in every summer and glass in the fall...Our family's are pretty close.

If you don't know who he is I guess he was also a Professional Base Ball Player ...Astros, Mets...I really dunno because I'm not a BaseBall fan really, but anyway here are a couple of cool fishing tips from his outdoor show.

Fly-Fishing for trout tips #1

Fly-Fishing for trout tips #2

2. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Now thats cool! Amazing what happens to your friends when we are grown.
    Bill

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Any relation to Jeff from Survivor series? If so invite them for some survivor catfishing style:big_smile:

4. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Thank you, I thought that was pretty nice of him to take time out of his busy schedule to write. I think he also may have played for the yankees too, not sure though.. I know he spends time with ol' Ted "the motor city madman" Nugent though :big_smile: thats pretty cool huh?

5. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    thank you. :wink:

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    no?...Why would say that? Les Stroud and Alan probst don't even look similar Name or otherwise! (unless-of course you are being sarcastic or antagonizing) which, I have to tell you is not that becoming of you.
    Something to think about, eh?

• BE NICE!

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi

Ahhhh, Ok now I get ya'.... that JEFF PROBST guy... sorry but BE NICE ANYWAY DAMN IT! -LOL
    your bud,~Jay