ever had a toe on fire

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fishstick, Oct 11, 2009.

1. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    man, i woke this morning and my toe was screaming. i suffer from gout attacks. they don't happen often but when one happens it's tough. i had my first encounter with a gout attack back in 1998. i went to bed with a little soreness in my big toe and didn't think much about it. later that night i was in tears. i didn't have a clue what was up but i knew that my toe was on fire. it was swollen and red and hot to the touch (but i couldn't stand to touch it). i had my wife drive me to the emergency room at the hospital and i knew i was going to lose my toe. the doctor told me that it was gout and he gave me some pills for it and sent me home (i didn't lose the toe after all). after a few days it subsided and everything was fine. well, i read everything i could find about gout and tried to eat the foods that were recommended and avoid the purine rich foods for awhile but that didn't last long. it was over a year before i had my second attack. it was still painful but not nearly as scary as the first time. since 98 i've had gout attacks in both my knees and in one finger. of course the big toes are the most likely places and i have had attacks in both of them several times. i guess it's just something that i will endure for the rest of my life and was wondering if anyone else suffers from gout attacks.

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I have it and the attacks always seem to come at a time when I need to do something. (Like a fishing trip). I had my feet messed up in 'Nam and when I get it I'm down. I really have to watch what I eat on the holidays.

3. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    I have had that, but it has been a while. I lost around 20lbs and haven't had a problem since. Don't know if that had anything to do with it. I still eat all the bad things I shouldn't.
    But I remember it used to be so bad I could hardly pull my boots on. And when I walked. I had to sort of shuffle my feet so my toes would not have to flex any.

4. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My boss gets it when he eats Hotdogs, says even the ceiling fan hitting it in bed hurts.

5. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    yep, a breeze feels like a blow torch.

6. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    We have been talking about it now my right big toe is starting to hurt:eek:oooh:

I will be taking my meds tonight just in case:smile2:

7. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    sorry jim. :crazy:

8. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Well I've had bouts of gout, diverticulitus,pleuresy and have diabetes..gettin old is a bi*ch!:big_smile:

9. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    Amen to that.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have friends that suffer from Gout. I feel for yall. It sounds terrible.:sad2: