Ever Get Tired Of Talking About Fishing

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fishinpals, Aug 9, 2006.

1. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Ever get tired talking about fishing. To tell the truth I do at times. I spend hours every week talking to kids and adults about the sport of fishing. Seems like most of the people I meet want to talk about fishing since I'm in the business. When I was pastoring full time it also seemed that everyone wanted to talk about the bible with me. I like to do many things, yes fishing is next to the top. Sorry guys, spending time with my wife tops the list. Thankfully she likes to fish. She is known as the fishing teacher (teaches 3rd grade). I will never give up my fishing unless the Lord says stop and then there will probably be an arguement.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    In a word... Yes.:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Some people wish to get what they deserve, while others fear the same.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

every once and a while its nice to take a break from talking/fishing though not often. I use it as an relief valve from stress are time to think about things need to thought about i.e. past family members.

4. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    I would rep ya for being an honest man but I got to spread some around.

5. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Gona rep ya but have to spread some around.

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Jim, yes I really sometimes get tired of talking about fishing. Those're the times when I switch over to talking about my family or hunting.:big_smile: I just love being able to talk about the outdoors, and it seems like that's what folks always want to talk to me about.

7. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    yep i get tired of talking about fishing and rc and well you get the idea sometimes i just like peace and quiet lol.

8. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Yes, even though fishing is my passion. I sometimes need a break from it but not very long. I usually take repairs or cooking.

9. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    i never get tied of talking about fishing. i always have a story to share.:big_smile:

10. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Never, not ever!! Don't believe that? Ask my friend Bob(Kittycatcher) and the other people I work with!!! LOL Fishing and the BOC is what I live for. And hunting in the winter. Thank goodness we have a hunting section! LOL

11. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey Jim to be honest NO LOL

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I never really get tired of talking about fishing, it's my only hobby.

13. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    If I get tired of talking about fishing, I grab my gear and head for the water so I have something more to talk about...LOL:lol:

14. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    I think everyone has a moment where they ned a break from some stuff, jsut like as you were talking about when you were pastoring when someone knows you are into something they probe it to death. I luv to fish and I luv this site, but I don't enjoy being asked by everyone one in the world I meet how do you do this, what should I use. Fishing is my favorite past time and outlet for stress. I luv it don't want to talk about it 24/7. I luv my wife but you find me talkin about her or to her for that matter for 24/7...........

I think I will go fishin now what should I use for bait, what knots, how should I present. Just playin, good question brother

15. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Absolutely! Thats why I also hunt and play golf and_____ and _____ and______ and_______ and_______ etc.... I really enjoy fishing but I am also glad that it is not the only outdoor sport I enjoy.

16. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Nope or hunting , camping or just being out in the woods guess that is why I like bank fishing so much is you can fish and still be in the woods.

17. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    if i tire of talking about fishing then it's time to go fishing

18. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Most of my friends don't fish so I don't talk about it much. But when I get together with my fishing buddies the lies flow....
    Bill

19. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The only people I see get tired of talking about fishing are those that can't speak for a unknown reason, thats like going to a ice cream store and walking in the front door and say do you have a hamburger.. or not talking about Ice cream at all.. This is fishing you never get tired of that. :lol:

20. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    No , around my house, two subjects dominate the conservations, fishing and the B.O.C. I know my wife gets tired of hearing the same ol subjects but she does not complain because she know I am not able to do many things because of my back injury. I must have something to occupy my time. I am not able to hunt.