Ever Forget?

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by bootshowl, Apr 23, 2007.

1. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Had a great day Saturday. Beautiful weather. Bank fishing, landed a nice 3 lb. channel, then one little over 5 lb., got the big boy chair out kicked back, watching the hawks over head when a small voice says, "Hey mister. My name is Austin." I'd say 5 or 6 years old. I said hey. "Can you show me how to catch catfish? I've never caught a catfish, but me an Dad was watching you." Well, make a long story short, I agreed with myself the next one up; was Austin's. We rigged up his outfit, and he was waiting patiently....when my bell went off, & I hollered at him come on a get this fish for me. It was a 2 1/2 lb. channel, an a little boy with a ten pound smile......ever forget how easy it is to make a memory for someone?
    In this case, a good memory for two someones.
    :smile2:

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Funny you should post such a beautiful post. when I went out Sunday I had been so disgusted with my own failure and impatience in not finding a "Big" Cat, that I decided to go and just have fun! I took my little rod's, some nightcrawlers and some Danny Kings and set out to catch whatever would cooperate. I also had some fresh cut sucker and drum. Well I got a couple of little ones (they are in the bait tank) and lo and behold the cut sucker was a hit! I got a 5 and a 7lb 7 oz channel. These may not be big to some of you fella, but when your down because of your past performance it is exhilarating to actually get out, relax and enjoy fishing and life in general.

Thanks for your story too.

3. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    I still remember being that little boy! Wish there were more people like you on the bank stream.

Dru

4. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    That kid will never forget that fish, and you may have just produced another future BOC member. Way to go!!!

loanwizard:

A five and a seven would be very respectable in my neck of the woods (Syracuse, N.Y.) I get a big one every now and then but even my PB wouldn't compare to the blues and flats of other regions. Actually my preference is to catch a mess around the 3-5lb range, they are perfect table fare.

Rich

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    a lil kid's heart burst with happiness is my kind of person! There just isn't enough of en around anymore! Thanks Gary for doin that. As a parent it makes me extremely happy to please lil kids!!:big_smile:

6. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Rods, Reels, Line, Fishing License, $125.

Tackle box full of gear, $75.

Cooler of cold pop, and lawn chair, $35.

The look on a kids face when they catch their first catfish.........

Priceless!!!

:big_smile_2:

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Go bootshowl! That's a great thing you done for that little boy!:big_smile:

8. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Reps to you,Boots....I was that little boy once.

9. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Boots,
    That was a very cool thing you did. Let's hope the little guy passes it forward when the time comes...W

Quote "I got a 5 and a 7lb 7 oz channel. These may not be big to some of you"

Shawn,
    I see that reference to big fish on here quite a lot.
    Sure, catching a big one is very thrilling but fishing is about having a good time, not about monsters.
    The guy who has a good time every time he goes out, no matter what he catches, is getting a lot more from his fishing than a guy who comes home miserable unless catches a hog.
    Let's not lose sight of why we should be fishing: to enjoy ourselves...W

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Boots ,You just made my day with that one. that was the neatest thing you made a lil buddy too. hope we all have a chance to do that also.

11. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Awww, your such a nice person and I know that lil' boy will never forget that!
    That made my day!
    :smile2:

12. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Boots great post and great thing you did there.