Ever fished the Yazoo or Yalabousha?

Discussion in 'MISSISSIPPI RIVERS TALK' started by BAYOU-FLATHEAD, May 12, 2009.

1. BAYOU-FLATHEAD

BAYOU-FLATHEAD New Member

State:
    AR
    Have yall ever fished these rivers around Greenwood? What is the best time for flatheads?

2. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    hey roy ................. i've never fished the yazoo river anywhere ........... but i do know for a fact there are tremendous flatheads in there .......... i have a friend , commercial fisherman , that photos his catches ............. he has an album full of over 50s, off hooks , not nets ........................
    problem is , u don't have much access to the yazoo ... no ramps to speak of ..................there is one i know of at gwood, and one at belzoni,ms ..... other than that , i don't know of any ramps .......................
    there is access for a "slide in " , but i got too old for slide ins 20 yrs ago ..:crazy:
    by the way ...... the friend fished from satartia,ms south to hiway 61 north of vicksburg,ms............ he has a 56 chevy truck , coverted to 4wd , with center pivot tires ......it sat on the river , just for launching his boat ......