Ever Feel Like Somebody??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Hope, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    There seems to be a standard response that comes from kids (and adults, too, at times:eek:oooh:) when something gets broken, goes missing, or is simply unexplainable.
    If you've ever had one of these mysterious events in your home, you may recognize this one - :roll_eyes:
    "It wasn't me and I dunno:confused2:" (said, of course, without a pause, as one big, long word) - lol.
    Well, that's an old favorite with me... not! :tounge_out:... especially when "they" say it and you haven't even asked the question yet! (I guess they recognize - "The Look" :crazy:)

Anyhow, I ran across this other little saying recently and thought - yup! I can relate to this one, too!
    See if you can :wink:

Ever Feel Like Somebody?

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it.
    Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job.
    Everybody thought Anybody could do it,
    but Nobody realized that Everybody would not do it.
    It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

:cool2:

2. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    And then I apologized to my wife and did it like Somebody should have in the first place!

3. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I had that on the wall at work for a long time. I don't know where I got it. But I like it. It 's the truth. Thanks

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have been somebody a bunch of times.

5. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I was always somebody because if nobody did it everybody would blame somebody for not doing what anybody could have done and guess who that was???

6. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Who's on first?

"Not me" is usually the culprit 'round here. Not me owes me alot of money. "Who broke the door knob in the bedroom?"........Not me
    "Who put the crayons in the dryer?".............Not me
    "Who pulled the blinds off of the window and shoved them down the bathtub drain?"...You guessed it...........Not me

If I ever find this guy, I'm going to beat him with a shovel until I need a haircut.

Jon

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Fits them like a glove.Oldest is 15 youngest is 13. Reckon it's just a stage we all have to go through and their room well that's another subject!! One Mother told me just told me to keep the door to their room shut and explain that if they insist on living this way you don't want to see it.She said it's what she told her kids and then when they married and she came for a visit their homes were spotless.Funny all the changes we go through I guess!:big_smile: