Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Every year when I go to Walkers Dam on the Chickahominy River in Virginia to catch Herring, you see folks keeping Gizzard Shad for eating. I know as I have asked. They said they eat them fried. I like Shad Roe from Hickory shad and herring roe is hands down my favorite. I tried some deep fried salt herring one time and didn't care for it. Gizzrd shad I'll pass on.

·
Registered
802 Posts
last year for good luck at the classic while pre fishing,myself and youngbuck both ate a 4" shad.i just about puked over the side of the boat!!sushi is one of my favorite foods,but shad was straight up disgusting.that taste stayed in my mouth the rest of the day.needless to say,it did not bring us any luck at all.

·
Registered
109 Posts
last year for good luck at the classic while pre fishing,myself and youngbuck both ate a 4" shad.i just about puked over the side of the boat!!sushi is one of my favorite foods,but shad was straight up disgusting.that taste stayed in my mouth the rest of the day.needless to say,it did not bring us any luck at all.
It was so nasty i bout puked.

·
Registered
802 Posts
well i would,and did.i have ate large shiners,shad and nightcrawlers.lets just say back when we started catfishing,when we were'nt catching any fish,we were catching bigtime buzzes:dribble:dares and bets would come often for a good laugh

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.