Ever do this?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by ec43146, Jul 3, 2009.

1. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Was fishing one night after work up at Hoover. I was pretty tired and guess I dozed off to be waken by a screaming clicker. I jumped up and tried to set the hook, didn't engage the reel so the clicker really sounded off. I turned the clicker off and tried again, still didn't engage the reel. I ended up with a birdnest deluxe and no fish.:sad2: I still doze off at times but I remember to engage the reel first.:roll_eyes:

2. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    One time I got a double hookup and I go to set the hook on the first one and was a little to quick and did the same thing and had a really really nasty birdsnest. So I thought I was going to have to respool the thing so I just put it down and got the other fish in. Then I got bored so I started trying to untangle the first line. After about half and hour I got the birdsnest undone and I bring it in to rebait and the fish was still on there. About a 5LB channel.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Join the group. Ed we have all done that at one time or another.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

No way Mickey,,,Not all of us...:eek:oooh::crazy::roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

5. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I think you would be lying if some one says they have never got a bird nest in there reel.I got alot of them when I first started and i will get one every sop often now.

6. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    hummm, ive read about them.:wink::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::smile2::smile2: