evening skippies

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by bdporch, Sep 4, 2008.

1. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Ok went fishing wednesday, caught 6-7 small cats, missed onwe big one and caught a 4-5 lber. Neways skipjack were hitting about an hour befoe dark, they werent big but they were skipjacks. I was at lock C old guy was catching em to freeze say he been catching em for 3 days. I cant swear he wasnt lying but they were hitting wed. I caught 2 was all the bait i needed. Well good luck people and if anyone else fishing my area post some reports i been trying to spread good reliable info so any yall could share is much appreciated. Oh yea they are catching massive numbers of cats at Bumpus Mills Marina using jugs 6-10 feet deep baited with garlic hot dogs.

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    SOunds like the place to run some jugs then. I have heard of bumpus mills is that by clarksville or out towards dover? I haven't been in a month, I need to go.

3. vaccouple

vaccouple New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    hey Chris it is about half way between the two.

Orrin

4. Sonny Kemp

Sonny Kemp New Member

State:
    Tn
    I fished Fri afternoon between Dover bridge to just below Ft Don both sides of river and never got a bite.Live and cut bream and night crawlers floated 5 ft to bumping bottom. Sonny

5. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I hit old hick last night I have never caught channels this big in my life some of them were well over 15lbs. We also found the skips, they were slamming 4 about an hour.