Evening of flathead catfish!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by kybunniebuster, Jun 6, 2006.

1. kybunniebuster

kybunniebuster New Member

State:
    winchester kentucky
    well went back to the kentucky river today got on the water around 2:00 pm fooled around catching some blugill for bait and went a a log jam i found last saturday to give it a try fished about 3 hours and landed 3 flatheads and had my 25lb test line broke once and missed a couple more runs but all in all it was a great day to be on the water

Attached Files:

2. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Looks like a great day on the river to me. But, I'd be smiling if I had caught them.:big_smile:

3. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    The size of flats you have there are some great table fare. Congratulations on the catch. What time did you start fishing for thos guys? I know it was after 2:00 pm but was it after dark when you were catching or late afternoon?

4. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Those are some nice fish. i live in bath county and i am going to the ky river some this year if everything goes right. are there any good places to bank fish around the ky river in winchester? when do the catfish nest in the ky river?

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    congrats on your catch, thanks for sharing

6. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Way to go Kenny.. At least somebodies catching fish..

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    nice cats kenny ,a little hint turn back yer drag and playem maybe tho wont brake yer line :lol: just kidin those are good cats tho if you had the one that broke yer line been even nicer huh

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Nice fish Kenny. I wanna get backout on the water this weekend myself. Gotta go to a wedding though:roll_eyes: .

9. kybunniebuster

State:
    winchester kentucky
    i caught all the cats before dark all on live bluegill we quit fishing before it got dark i wish i had stayed a little later but im heading back tomorrow afternoon to give them another try (boom) i was useing a reel i traded for and havent figured it out yet its my first penn reel seems like a decent rig though but just hafta figure it out a little :big_smile:

10. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nice cats kenny, congrats.

11. stonemaster

stonemaster New Member

State:
    versailles, ky.
    Hi Kenny. I fish the ky. river between locks 6 and 7. What part of the river do you fish?

12. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Nice fish, looks like that was a good time

13. cornbreadnky

cornbreadnky New Member

State:
    Elizabethtown, Kentucky
    great job man wish i could have been with you :lol:

14. kybunniebuster

State:
    winchester kentucky
    all you hafta do is make it up my way and we will go the pontoon has room for another person :big_smile: i fish the river between lock 10 and 11 from boonsboro to estill county

15. bkhollan

bkhollan New Member

State:
    Washington, Ind
    sounds like a good day of fishing