Even the hawgs on the light bite

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, Aug 25, 2008.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Went to the river yesterday, most of the day was spent fighting the engine and looking for bait. Tried to drift for a while but boat traffic made it impossible, so we checked out a good hole I know on the Ohio. After not much luck after an hour decided to move, pulled anchor and reeled in lines, well my buddies didnt come in, after about 5 mintues a 45lb flatty was in the boat, re anchored of course...lol:smile2:, nothing for another 30, reeled them in again and wouldn't you know it this time I had a fish on, he spit the bait but man they sure are on the light bite right now. Big fella was mighty cut up and bloody hasn't been of the nest to long....What a weird pattern this year. Sorry camera crapped out no pics, would have been a nice looking pic to of my buddy who is all of 115lbs soaking wet holding that hawg...

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like some good fising brother, congrats and good luck in the future

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the fishing

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats on the two fish!

5. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
  6. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    congrats on the good fishing i also last week hooked into a 12lb flattie that had a few gashes out of his head and a channel missing a whisker.:crazy:..never caught a channel like that one the flattie is now my avatar cant really see the cuts on him but they are there is this the end of spawn or some frisky cats?

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Here its the end of the spawn hopefully, don't know how the weather has been your way, hopefully not as screwed up as this year has been for us the cats dont even know what season it is...

8. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks

Brother we have had a screwed up weather pattern here also we just broke a record for most consecutive days below average usually its in the 100s and we have not even hit that yet this year we had 15 days in a row of below average temps the last time that happend in ks was back in 1965:crazy: i think the weather has a hugh impact on them but this week has been warmer so hopefully they are back on the bite..will find out this weekend the river i fish is 45 minutes away and with gas prices i can only afford to hit it one time a week:sad2:

9. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!:cool2:

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the Big HOGGERISM OUTTING!!! As we call it..... sounds like you had fun!!! rollo

11. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrads on the catches ! Yeah the weather has just been strange this year and today was the first day we have had solid rain in forever. It was much needed and I'm praying it rains all night long.
    Matt AKA DESODE

12. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    driftin is at its best when there is lots of boat traffic! i even love to see lots of barge traffic along with the big yahts!

13. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the report.

14. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    dri
    Not sure if you are serious or not...:smile2:....But constantley getting pushed into the bank was slowly but surely raising my blood pressure and giving me an ulcer....:smile2::angry:.....Its kind of like driving on the highway, you catch yourself getting upset with the other boaters and then you realize its there river too, I mean my god cant they tell I am catfishing??:smile2::smile2:

15. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats on the catches. Hey the rain has finally came in for a couple days along with some cooler air. Much needed for sure can't wait till weekend to get the lines wet.