Even more GMR (great miami river) idiots!

Discussion in 'Boating' started by dinkbuster1, Nov 25, 2006.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    this stretch of river here in ohio must be a magnet for morons and just plain stupid people! so much that from now on i am going to refer to it as "the idiot pool" (same pool that myself and Salmonid have had previous run ins with idiot boaters)! went fishing yesterday in that stretch and spent the first 45min recovering a dozen "buoys" that the local university's rowing club had left behing since before the last good rain. first few i spotted were in the main boating channel just 8 inches below the surface and looked to be a submerged log at first all full of leaves. the first pic is one i actually took loose from the brick. the rest we just pulled up and and cut the rope right at the chain and let the brick and chain sink. i can just imagine what these would do to a lower unit!:sad2: luckily the water was like glass and i could spot the submerged ones. gonna check our boating laws and see if leaving behind buoys like that is illegal.

Attached Files:

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Your stories never cease to amaze me. It is scary that there are so many stupid people on this earth. :crazy:

3. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Dude, that would have been ugly if that would have got tangled up in your lower unit.

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    turns out someone (not rowing club) placed these out with good intentions, they were marking the shallow areas. however, when the river flooded they were moved to deeper water where they could have created a major problem with other boaters. no matter how much weight you put on bouys, they will get moved in a river.