Evansville Area Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by sikadelic, Jul 13, 2009.

1. sikadelic

sikadelic New Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    How's it going fellas? Im new to the Evansville area and am looking for the best places to catch some big catfish. I have heard that you can find some good spots along the Ohio to fish from the bank but I havent ran across any yet. I live right by the Angel Mounds boat dock. Any pointers on fishing without a boat around here?

2. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

Not too sure about the area but I am sure someone will be along to help you out, maybe even offer you to go out on their boat, its a great site with great advice and good people, welcome aboard. I go to school in indiana and may try to fish the evansville area sometime this fall, I will keep ya in mind.

3. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Jarrod, welcome to the B.O.C

BIGCAT GarryEads

4. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
  5. sikadelic

sikadelic New Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    thanks for the warm welcome fellas

6. sikadelic

sikadelic New Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    where did you catch those big whoppers in your avatar?

7. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    hey jared ... there is some good fishing around your area at angel mounds ... its ok for smaller cats 10 to 20 lbs ... but from a boat the bigger cats are easily accessible ... the hard part is catching them .... have u tried down around downtown eville... i was there last night and just a couple nibbles ... prolly gonna make it out tomorrow evening on my boat if it doesnt rain. but this stretch of river is very good for nice blue cats ... heck if your not doing anything this weekend come out to the gathering alot of people from here are gonna be there and alot of good bs and advice will be given and taken. and who knows im sure someone will have room in their boat for another fellow BOC brother. check out the henderson gathering on the main page under BOC gatherings. for this weekend.

8. sikadelic

sikadelic New Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    no i havent been downtown yet and dont know the area well enough to figure out where to go if i got there.,lol

i went down to angel mounds the other night to fish from the bank and didnt have much luck.,i was using some doughbaits and had a hell of a time keeping them on my hook with the current.,i also tried some wounded red belly shad and didnt have much luck either.,what bait have you had the best luck with?

9. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    mainly skipjack ... but every once in awhile i do good on shad or mooneye. but i mainly fish from boat.

10. kuigy

kuigy New Member

State:
    Newburgh, IN
    Last week we caught 'em on fresh cut shad but Dave's right skipjack, mooneye and shad. A lot of guys use bluegill too, but I don't use them.

Welcome to the BOC. You can't live more than 3/4 of a mile from me. I fish up by the Newburgh dam fairly often. Send me a PM and let me know when you could go. I don't bank fish much but I've seen plenty fishing by the Newburgh boat ramp. Downtown Evansville has a boat ramp along with a greenway that people fish all along. There's parking by the museum and at the ramp.

I just had knee surgery yesterday, so I'm hoping to get to Henderson for the gathering this weekend. Not sure if I'm going to make it.

11. sikadelic

sikadelic New Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    thanks bud.,im hoping to do some fishing next weekend.,i have some friends coming up to visit from Ft. Campbell so this weekend isnt good for me but im definitely gonna go the next weekend

12. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jarrod, welcome to the B.O.C. Hope you find out some good places to catch some hogs. Keep us posted with your catches. Andrew

13. sikadelic

sikadelic New Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    thanks man.,you stationed down at Ft. Campbell?

14. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    we tore the fish up this past weekend ... im looking to get out sometime this week ... hoping to fish a tourney sat. night ... but not sure.

15. sikadelic

sikadelic New Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    a local tourny here around eville?

16. kuigy

kuigy New Member

State:
    Newburgh, IN
    Yeah, it's out of Henderson, KY. You should check the Kentucky threads too.

Some of us are on this side of the ditch, some on the other.

17. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    hey roger ... you still wanting to fish that tourney? lemme know ... ill prolly be at the dam tomorrow morning if not there then below newburgh drifting. if you get out give me a hollar.

18. kuigy

kuigy New Member

State:
    Newburgh, IN
    I'm still stuck at probably. A friend just gave me a pile of interesting bait tonight. I gotta see what our out of town guest is gonna do. Probably.

19. sikadelic

sikadelic New Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    im about to lose my damn mind.,i have went down to the Newburgh dam two days in a row and havent caught anything.,.,i have tried worms and crickets and havent even gotten as much as a bite.,.,

I park in the visitor parking and walk down to the left along the bank and fish that cove made by the dam and the bank.,.,i know im probably not using the right bait but i figured i would have at least caught something by now

20. kuigy

kuigy New Member

State:
    Newburgh, IN
    On the Indiana side?

What're you trying to catch?