EVA Handles or Hypalon?.

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Flamekeeper, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Heres 5 handles; the will be being built soon..1 being blue Hypalon because they did'nt have the blue laminated eva. the others EVA laminated. EVA, being a whole lot lighter than the hypalon,

I was just wondering what you Guys thought of the 2??
    and which do you prefer.and Why? etc...

Attached Files:

2. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    The lami looks cool but so does the soild color, that blue with blue wraps will give a dramatic look....call it the blue beast.

I like those Alps reel seats, that's what I put on my custom that I'm still working on. Got the handels on and all the under wraps done last night.

Attached Files:

• r1.jpg
      r1.jpg
      File size:
      24.1 KB
      Views:
    • r2.jpg
      r2.jpg
      File size:
      34.1 KB
      Views:

3. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

Your Rod Is looking good ,and the alps seat is great...Nice wrap:wink:

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Nice looking handles thank you for sharing the pictures with us

5. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    I like the EVA. I have a rod on the stand now with Hypalon, it seems to be heaver than the EVA. But the Hypalon is easier to shape.

6. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

You mean the EVA is easier to shape right?>:smile2: Whats up Bill? how you been ? It is for me anyhow no kidding,.It didn't take me but a few minutes to hand sand the edges round on the 4 eva's but it was a bit longer with the hypalon..

7. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    What type of wrapper you have there??BUBBA? Can you post a better pic where we can see it?. Thanks KENNY

8. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
  9. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Kenny;
    I have to agree, they all look GOOD! But like the other Brother said, that Blue on Blue does stand out a bit more! But I don't think it's fair to compare it to the others because to my eyes, the "Blue on Blue" is kind of in a separate class when it comes to the color and all. By that I mean it should be shown with other similar type color scheme on the rods. Colors such as "Red on Red", "Green on Green", Gray on Gray, ect.
    Whereas the other rods should be shown by themselves without the "Blue on Blue" among them.
    To me, this would make a more fair comparison in choosing among the rods. Altruistically, I personally can't fault any of the color schemes your showing in your pictures! Therefore, it seems to me like your back to that "Personal Choice" decision!!:wink::big_smile:
    I would like to know more about those, I believe they were called, "ALPS" reel seats?
    If you would, at your convenience, send me a PM with a bit more information about them or the address of a website that I could do further research I would appreciate it very much. :big_smile:
    In closing I will tell you this much. If your toughest decisions are which colors to use on a rod, then Brother have You GOT IT MADE!!:wink:
    Doubt I helped you choose but in all reality, you the only one that can make that decision!! It's called "Freedom of Choice". :wink::smile2:
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]