Eufaula Lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by BUCKSINRUT, Apr 28, 2006.

1. BUCKSINRUT

BUCKSINRUT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I have a family gathering at Eufaula in mid June. Does anyone know of any good spots to try for cats? I'm not familiar with the lake at all.

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Skip cats, go for crappie!!!

Oh wait, for cats, the Sandy Bass Bay area is pretty good.

3. BUCKSINRUT

BUCKSINRUT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    How's the easiest way to get to Sandy Bass Bay? We are going sand bassin' while we're there.

4. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey yall,I went to good ol Eufaula lake on tuesday over at No name creek,Well the water is so low now you can drive around the lake to the GOOOD spots now(HMMM),I went to down the boat ramp and over the creek bed and it sure did look like good hard ground(NOT)I felt the front end of my Blazer 4x4 sink:eek:oooh: so like a Trooper I kicked it in the but to blow through the soft stuff(NOT)That just got me in the DEEP SOFT stuff,Now Im down to the frame so I get out and Im in wet mud and my blazer now has sunk down to the body:sad2: .affter about an hour of digging I walk to the road and flag down a guy in a Red ford 4x4 he said he would be back affter he droped off his trailer at the boat place.so I walked back to my mud hole and waited for a hour NO show(THANKS BUD):angry: So I walk back to the road and flag down a good ol boy and he siad I'll go get a traktor "dont go no where":roll_eyes: ,so he got his ford 3000 and it did not budg it then his bud shows up in a old 4x4 farm truck BAM he's stuck This old guy was so cool he got out and looked at and called his wife and said hun I need my Big traktor he looked at us and said I'll be back.15min he shows up and said AAA is on there way.Tony from Garett towing showed up (God bless him)He looked at the miss and Said who's red blazer (mine):embarassed: Wow that is stuck:lol: well he poped out the farm truck and I asked him how much $$ he said $40.00 I told him I did not have it on me he said we will work it out so he poped me right out.and said this is your lucky day you dont owe me anything I shook his hand and thanked him(God bless ya Tony)and the guy with the traktor I went to him with check book in hand and asked him Mr what do I owe ya?He said son you just thank God for this one so (Thank you GOD)....then I went to Holladay cove and fised for about an hour.I was in the mud for 6 hours:crazy:

5. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    Man there are some good people out there . not many but there are few. Ive been stuck before and it really sucks. Now did u actually catch anything In the hour

6. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    ur not the only one that has happend to . about 3 weeks ago went fishing at t bird. just got out of my truck .young lady walked up to me , :big_smile: all muddy , asked me ur truck a four wheel drive , i says yes mamm. she says were stuck , :smile2: :roll_eyes: :crazy: , can u help , so she tels me they have driven arround the lake on shore , about 1/2 mile and got stuck , so thry sent her for help. i says well ijust got here . if u dont get help in an hour or so yes i will . got my poles she left alls well. in about 2 hrs i see some lights along the place they got on bank, so i put my stuff up and drive over . wrecker roll back , stuck . in about 10 min here comes another wrecker . 2 hrs later he gets the first one out. i just watch when they leave , i gets my jimmy down off in there and blast on through ther mess and drive arround to where the kids are at . 3 dudes 2 girls . so i tell the girls have u call ur parents , yes but they are mad , i guess so , any ways i hook em up an jurk em out ,and we all went home . so dont feel tooo bad .:lol: :lol:

7. rivrbunny

rivrbunny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Had a similar experience a few years back at Traders Bend at Kaw Lake,
    Jay Warner's towing had to pull my GMC Jimmy out of a sandbar mud hole.
    Nothing worse than having it sunk up to the frame (tried digging it out myself
    with a garden trowel then shoved about a hundred sticks, empty beer boxes -whatever I could find around- that I thought might get some traction - That failed and just managed to get it stuck from the hubs to the frame).
    Finally hiked to the nearest house and asked to use their phone
    (of course I didn't have my phone or pistol or anything because I set out to go visit a friend, not fish). Those wonderful people called the towing service for me and her husband took me back to the Jimmy in his 4 wheel drive mule. 3 young men (I worked with one of their moms) came by and
    stayed until the wrecker arrived so no freaks tried to grab me. I am a little more cautious now about driving out on unsure ground.