Eufaula dam

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by daniel-delarosa, Mar 23, 2009.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    Someone told me today that it was bone dry behind the dam for miles. Is that true? I was talking about heading up there this weekend when they told me this. So I dont know if they were playing or not:eek:oooh:.

2. Stoneman187

Stoneman187 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I sure do not think that is possible at all. The water is like 30' deep when they are not running water at all. I fish there all the time and I never saw it close to dry. Now they seem to not be generating or letting water out but I asure you it's not dry and you can't wade across without some serious swimming. We will be there next week for a week or so camping in our bus below the dam stop by and we can fish together perhaps.

3. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    they are running the turbines 6:00am to 8:00 am 1100 cf. pool level is 6" above normal

4. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    anyone been out there yet?

5. Noodler87

Noodler87 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Are the Striper and Sand Bass being caught at Eufaula below the dam?? I am looking forward go Striper fishing at Eufaula Dam on April 10 thur 12..

6. daniel-delarosa

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    Anyone fish farther down the river? I was thinking of loading the four wheeler and driving way down river and setting up camp. Are you allowed to leave a vehicle on the south side over night?

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  9. daniel-delarosa

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    Is the night fishing good there even though the turbines aren't running. I was thinking of driving up for the night.

10. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    from my experience when the recording says midnight to midnight.. they usually run the generators all night.. whenever I've fished at night while they are on I've had good and bad luck..

11. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i just called and it says they will be generating midnight to midnight.. so i think i might be going out there in the morning..

12. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I went out there yesterday morning.. got there about 7:30am all 3 generators were on until about 10 and then they shut 2 of them off and kept the number 1 on

Caught quite a few sandbass some spotted bass and alot of skipjack .. the spots are definately in there... but there were NO stripers or cats at all.. also caught a big gar and alot of big buffalo.. also saw 1 lil spoonbill caught that was about 20lbs..

The water is very very clear.. looks absolutely amazing.. might be going out there again next week.. hopefully it warms up just a lil more first though..

13. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    You guys catch alot of big blues in the spring down there when they are letting out alot of water? A couple of us Kansas boys are thinking about a road trip.

14. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

Keith, some of my best fishing days have been there when they are running water..by all means, keep an eye on the release rate and come get some okie blues for the supper table:big_smile:

15. daniel-delarosa

State:
    seminole, oklahoma

Come on down, there is some pretty good fishing behind the dam, good spots for riding fourwheelers too. the camp site is nice if you have a trailer since there aren't any real bathrooms or showers. But there is a regular camp site a few miles away. Holler when y'all come down.

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Made a trip up there this morning and the guy's on the wall caught a few sand bass and no stripers while we were there. One guy below the wall caught 1 sand bass and that was it. It was cold with 30+ MPH winds out of the north behind the front so that had them shut down. They were running generators and the water is crystal clear. I'll try another trip in the near future.

17. oh_darn

oh_darn New Member

State:
    Nixa, MO
    I think I'm going to head up there tomorrow morning and fish for the day. I'll be sure to let yall know how it goes.

18. Noodler87

Noodler87 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Anyone been catch any catfish or striper recently at Eufaula Dam? I am thinking about go fishing there tomorrow evening and saturday early morning..

19. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You Okies need to get to the dam in the next few days,I was there fishing Yesterday with my Father in law ,I got a 10 and a 14 lb blue. the party we were fishing got 7 smaller fish ,as we were loading the boats up,Low and behold the gates opened one by one till all ELEVEN were opened,In a few days You boys will be slayin em.:cool2:

20. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    the flood gates? :crazy: