Eudora

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by countryboy32c, Aug 23, 2009.

1. countryboy32c

countryboy32c New Member

State:
    Lansing, KS
    Never put in a boat at eudora is there any good fishin round there, heard all kinds of tall tales but dont know which ones to beleive?

2. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Don't think there's a section of the Kaw that does have a tall tale or two tied to it:big_smile:.

There is some very good fishing on the river in that area, but it still comes down to being in the right place at the right time!! Water is pretty skinny right now so plan on polishing the prop if you run that area. Upstream from the Walkie mouth are some jetties, these can produce some nice fish.........especially the 2nd one up from the bridge, nice hole there. Downstream is skinny for a ways but the bend before the RR tracks has a nice hole associated with it. Like any stretch of the Kaw, big fish have been taken at one time or another.

3. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

its almost time for me to head the baot that way.lots fo good fishing down there wing dams bends of the river and so on go poke the holes you find down there and see what happens

4. Circlehook Jester

Circlehook Jester New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have fished the mouth of the Waki on several occasions. Fished banjo lines, trot, and rod/reel. I seem to always do my best when the water is running good. Even if it's up a couple of feet, the fishing is decent. When I fish when the water is lower, even using fresh cut shad or blue gill, I seem to catch soft shell turtles all night. So, it can be a good place. Just keep your eyes on that rainfall.

5. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    How do I get to the ramp near eudora?

6. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    drive, bus, bike, walk, skip, crawl.....etc, etc.:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2::smile2:

what ramp ?? you tryin to get on the Kaw ??

7. countryboy32c

countryboy32c New Member

State:
    Lansing, KS
    If your on country rd 1 it is just north of the river on the west side just before the tracks

8. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    there is alot of rocks/concrete just downstream of the bridge, I cross the channel and go under the bridge on the north side of the river, go slow and be careful but there is good fishin' there.

9. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas

Hmmmmm. Which bridge are you talking about? The one down streem of clinton...?