Etiquette and Fishing

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fishnvince, Aug 28, 2009.

1. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Ok here,s my top 10 list of rules
    Lets here yours

1. Do not laugh at casting flubs, unless they are your own.
    2. Talking to another angler is acceptable, and quite proper.
    3. Not talking to another angler is acceptable, and quite proper.
    4.Respect fences, leave gates the way you found them, close the ones you opened and leave the open ones open.
    5. No trespassing means no trespassing. If you really want to fish there, ask permission. You will be surprised how many folks say yes. But NO means NO.
    6. Be especially mindful of your manners and language around youngsters. They learn best by example.
    7. Swearing, farting and burping are at the discretion of the angler, and quite acceptable. (Note previous rule.)
    8. Lying is still acceptable, even expected, if asked how you did, or where you were. Lying about the hatch is not as decorous, but tolerated. Lying about your residency is illegal when purchasing a license. Lying in the grass and taking a nap is one of life's great joys.
    9. Never interrupt a lying fisherman. \
    10. Enjoy yourself, but not at the expense of someone else's enjoyment.

Side Note Catch and Release. whenever possible.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  2. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    may I add NO LITTERING.
    smokey

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    KEEP YOUR KIDS CORRALED!!!

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yep i'll stand by every post in this thread! But hell people litter the banks where I fish so much its dadgum pitiful!:angry: It makes me so mad, I usually pick up whatever Im near! NO LITTERING! There needs to be trashcans in a LOT more places..

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Ok..I'll go with them all but #1. If I'm with my experienced buddies and they mess up I cant help but laugh...especially if the weight goes flying off and they gotta retie too.

Bait fly's off...well there's another laugh, LOL. We just have fun and its part of our way I guess. I would respect new people and strangers of coarse ; )

-Jim-

6. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    I don't agree with #1 either. That's part of the joy of fishing. If it's somebody that's new to the reel they're using that's another story, but if they've been using it for long, then I'm laughing. Especially when someone gets their hook on something in the boat with a baitcaster and gets a huge backlash, or they forget to flip the bail on a spinning reel and their weight and leader go flying off. They can laugh at me too, I don't care.

7. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I GET LAUGHED AT ANYWAYS

8. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    I don't have any gates to close on the weaaters I fish.
    Just kidding of coarse !