Ethanol and 2 cycle engines

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    my cousin dropped by a bit ago and said there has been many problems with ethanol and 2 cycle engines. seems like, according to him, that lawnmower, weedeater and boat motors under warranty are showing up at the dealers with scads of problems..............anyone else heard this?

2. slowhand

slowhand New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hello Phil, yes there is problems with ethanol. Dallas news showed cars in the shop being repaired due to ethanol stopping up the fuel system. Also reported that oil Has to be changed more often due to sludge caused by ethanol.

3. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    I have heard of a lot of problems about it. What my local small engine place told me was anything that you mix the oil with the gas you need to shake before you start it. They said the ethanol makes them separate. He said they have been flooded with these kinda problems. :0a26:

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    my 89 force said in the manuel that 10% ethonol was acceptible. i run it. no problems.

5. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've been running 10% ethanol 89 octane gas, mixed 50-1 with Walmart Super Tech brand outboard oil. Bought this motor new in 2000, its a 25hp Johnson with carbs, no problems to report and it seems to burn clean. Chris