Ethan Powell 12/05/06-04/06/08

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by mandisue13, Apr 5, 2008.

1. mandisue13

mandisue13 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    sorry the date is 04/05/08

Someone very dear to me died this morning. Ethan lost his life to a couragous battle with leukemia. I cant type right now

4th Update 12:11 pm [Ben] - This is the update that I hoped never to type. At 11:37am, Ethan left this earth peacefully in our arms. I apologize for my lack of faith and letting you down. I ask that you stand strong in your faith and please continue to pray for "Ethan's friends". I thought alot about this over the last hour orso, and I have decided to keep updating for a short time. I am so angry at cancer and I plan to dedicate my life to fighting it. We need your help to do it. Please continue to check the site to find out the next step. I am speaking for myself when I say this... no child should have to die because of a lack of cure. And I plan to find that cure with your help! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me in this fight. I truly feel so lonely without him here, and I really need this to move forward. Please help me to beat this terrible illness.

Although the devils wants to convince me and you otherwise, I still BeLIeVe... PRAYER WORKS!!! And I hope that you do to.

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :sad2:
    I know that I don't like reading post as sad as this one - & the other hand - typing up a post like this could not be the easiest thing in the world to do ether.

But I want you to know that Admanda that the Ethan, All of the family & Friends will be in my prayers, so

My prayers are on the way to you from California.

You Just Take Care & Stay Strong, (Your BOC Brothers & Sisters are here for you)
    Bert (Shania)

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Prayers sent from Nevada.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Prayers sent from Kentucky stay strong

5. fishing bum

fishing bum New Member

State:
    Victoria Texas
    Amanda I know your pain. Back in the mid 80's I lost my wife, my two kids mother, to cancer. Prayers will be sent up From Victoria TX. May God bless you and yours.

6. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    MANY,MANY PRAYERS FROM SOUTH CAROLINA.

PEEDEE CAT

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I have lost two sisters to Cancer but never a child so I can't say I know how you feel.I'll be sayijg prayers for Little Ethan and the family. God Bless you in your time of sorry.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    All family members will be in our thoughts and prayers.

9. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    prayers sent, God has given him a better place to be. We have a lost, god has a gain. and devil loses completely, in the end.
    Jim

10. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    More prayers sent from SC,

-Jim-

11. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    you have Prayers coming to you and your family from California. my family knows just how you are feeling I lost a beautiful little four year old great granddaughter.

12. 1 cattin dude

1 cattin dude New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Amanda,

My wife and I along with hundreds of others at my church here in Jonesboro have been praying for little Ethan and for Ben and Becky for a long time now. We are in a small group with David and Stephanie Kenley who used to live in Little Rock and are also friends with Ben and Becky.

We will continue to pray for Ben and Becky and their friends and family that will terribly miss Ethan. I know it's hard to deal with right now but I know that their faith is strong and God will heal all wounds.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Ryan and Amanda Reddick

13. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    sorry for the loss of your child cancer is a bad thing i just lost my mother last sunday due to cancer its a rough thing to go thru we will be praying for you and your family may god bless your family

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sorry to hear that ,Mandy. Prayers for comfort to you all.

15. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Prayer from Missouri for you, and the family. I raised 3 kids and even though i've considered killin em, i couldn't bear to lose one.

16. mandisue13

mandisue13 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Thanks everyone. I just have to remind yall, Ethan is not my son....he is the son of a wonderful family....although it does hurt....I know he is with God. I cant say in a better place...that place would be with his mom and dad......But I dont want confusion.....Ethan is Ben and Beckys child

17. 1 cattin dude

1 cattin dude New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJX2JwaWmbc

Here is a link to Ethan's video if anyone wants to watch it. I can't imagine having the faith that Ben and Becky have. On Ethan's website, www.ethanpowell.com , Ben's latest post asks everyone to pray for the other kids that are at St. Judes. So selfless, if only the rest of us had that kind of faith.

18. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    This really does hurt us as well, we felt like we knew this courageous faithful family. We know that little Ethan is in the arms of The Lord at this moment and we ask God to give his family and friends the peace that passes all understanding and comfort their hearts and minds as only He can.

19. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Sorry to hear such sad new's about the lost of a child ,I truely belive he is with the Lord now and i pray for the family and you that God will comfort your heart's at this trying time ...Remeber with God all thing's are possible Matt 19:26

20. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    It is so sad to hear about a child passing. My heart goes out to the famliy