Estes Park

Discussion in 'LOCAL COLORADO TALK' started by QuincyFisher, Jan 19, 2006.

1. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    Hello fellow Brothers, I'm going on a family reunion trip to Estes Park and i was just wondering if any had any information on this place.
    I'm hopin its good for fishin

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    It is a great place to visit. The road when are you going? the road through the national park is closed in winter.

3. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    I love that place hoss. It is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. I stayed at a place called Boulder Brook just outside Estes Park on your way into the state park. It had hot tubs and fireplaces it was awsome. Not much for fishing if I remember right as most of the area is all federal park, but with the views and everything to do it the town it is the one time I never thought about catfishing. Have a good time a post some pics for all to see.

4. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    I'm going there in late July

5. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    Are there not to many fish in there though?

6. whiskers

whiskers New Member

State:
    colorado
    Tons of good fishing... try a place called Marry's lake just outside of estes. There is some awesome trout fishing there in the evening. My dad told me that one of his buddies were fishin off the dam by the intake pipes. This guys pole snapped and the fish was so big that he dove in after it and almost killed himself... last time i went i saw a trout the size of my arm!

7. coloradowhiskerchaser

coloradowhiskerchaser New Member

State:
    colorado
    Quincyfisher,
    I fish Estes Park occasionaly, the Big Thompson river runs right through town and into lake estes. Fish below the dam at the outlet. If you like to fly fish there is a fly shop in town that can get you the hot flies. If throwing hardware is your game then try a silver castmaster spoon and throw it right up into the swirling water at the outlet. I have done very well there, nothing big but once in a while you'll get a nice brown trout. In any case it is very easy access and close enough to go fish while your staying in estes.
    Good luck!
    Brett