EricM Heart Surgery

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by EricM, Oct 27, 2008.

1. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    I thought I'd let everyone know, looks like I'll be off of the water for a while. This Wednesday, October 29, I'm having heart surgery. I had it 13 years ago and the cardiologist says I got a good run out of it, but it's time for a rebuild. They don't think I'm a particular candidate for a heart attack, but I have become very limited in my breathing and stamina, fatiguing very easily. Turns out my heart is now only pumping about a third of normal every beat, so they are going to try to increase the blood flow to the muscle with some bypasses and some laser work on the muscle itself.

Looks like probably 5 days in the hospital then home for recovery. No lifting my big pet catfish for a while - hope they don't miss me too much. Maybe some of you (like Bumper and Cheez) could step up and feed them while I'm off. [​IMG] I should be back at 'em well before the weather even thinks about warming up.

All donations (cash or skipjack) (or both) can be sent to the house.

I kind of feel sorry for my surgeon, having to hold my cold, hard, black heart (description courtesy of ex-wives). Of course, he'll get a lot more money than they did..............

And NO, you may NOT have my fishing stuff!!!!!!!! Don't ask! (I KNOW you don't want the boat!! It stinks and occasionally sinks! [​IMG] )

I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers and will be here, and probably fishing, through Tuesday and then back on within a week or so.

Oh yeah, I'll also be needing to come up with the best part of $20,000 for my part of the bill, so if anyone wants to fish with a REALLY expensive guide..........

Thanks everyone! Eric

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Prayers sent to ya Eric. Hope everything turns out well and that you have a speedy recovery.

Let us know if ya need someone to keep your fishing gear in practice.:wink:

3. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    I wish you all the best Eric. And I hope you have a speedy recovery!

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers Eric. Hey at least now you'll have the time to really clean up your fishin equip. Then it will be in tip top shape so when you do get back at it. And the poor ole boat may even get to air out some.(Won't stink so Bad):roll_eyes: Take care of your self and do what the DOC says.

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Wish you the very best Eric and hope you have a fast recovery.

Feel for you for I know what it's all about, I had a valve job 17 years ago. Those 21 days were the worse time in my lifetime. It was suppose to be 5 but had some surgery complications.

6. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    Wishes for a speedy recovery.

P.S. I can has fishing stuffs? *runs*

7. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hope they get you fixed up good.

It would be a shame if you did not live long enough to pay off that 20,ooo dollar bill. Poor Doc would need a bail out.

Take Care and get well soon.

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Good luck to ya. Keep us posted.

9. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Prayers from So.Alabama sent your way and hope all goes OK

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Eric Prayers are sent your way. I wish you a quick recovery.

11. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    We will be right here waitin on ya. You take care and post us asap if ya can . Prayers sent.....cya ya soon.

-Jim-

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Best of love and luck my Brother. Prayers for ya to recover quickly,and please do as the Doc says!!:big_smile!

13. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Eric, I wish ya wll and a speedy recovery.

Jaime

14. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    prayers sent from texas hope ylou recover reel fast get back to fishin prayers again

15. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Eric you will be in my thoughts and prayers brother.

16. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Good luck Eric! Hope everything works out A-OK.

17. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Eric when you get to where you can stand it I'll bring the toon over and meet you at skull island and we will take in a day of fishing and you will have a good place to lay down incase you want to rest a few min. And we can also have a place to cook a hot meal and I have added a bath room on since the last time you were aboard You remember don't yea. You know the day you stuck that cat down in my back pocket.:smile2:

18. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    You`ll be in my prayers brother.

19. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    will keep you in prayer your be back fishing in no time

20. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Eric you will have my prayers.
    I got lucky a month ago. I had one that was 100% blocked. But had bypassed its self enough to keep me going.
    Good luck.
    Petet