Environment Warning

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bedbug jr, Aug 19, 2009.

1. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
  2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    "...The main source of mercury to most of the streams tested, according to the researchers, is emissions from coal-fired power plants.

The mercury released from smokestacks here and abroad rains down into waterways, where natural processes convert it into methylmercury — a form that allows the toxin to wind its way up the food chain into fish...."

3. trollrap

trollrap New Member

State:
    northern illino
    they use coal to make electricty for all those so called "GREEN" electric vehicles

4. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    "they use coal to make electricty for all those so called "GREEN" electric vehicles"

And yet, much less than for the electricity that is used to make fuel for all the old style vehicles.

The lack of environmental concern on a site that is supposedly full of outdoorsmen never fails to amaze me.
    Pages and pages debating CPR, and this slides right on by...

Ever single fish they tested showed contamination.

This means nothing to you except a chance to slam electric cars??

5. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ever heard of clean coal technology..Though I'm sure I'll get lambasted for bringing it up but go ahead..

6. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i slammed my dually lmao

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    "The lack of environmental concern on a site that is supposedly full of outdoorsmen never fails to amaze me.
    Pages and pages debating CPR, and this slides right on by..."

I've been noticing that same thing for years here. Not only do they not seem to care about clean water and air, they talk trash to anyone who does.

8. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Do you mean there's hypocrisy bein' practiced in here???
    Say it ain't so...:sad2:
    :sad2:

9. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    I concern myself with it and it is an important topic what little I can do is mostly when I fish I pick up litter on the banks in the water I know it has little impact but maybe somebody is watching and thinking hey I can do that to but any way I dont know enought about clean coal tech I no that a lot of pollution is bcause of the way we been doing it for years

10. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia

Picking up trash is a good start. I always like to take out more than I bring in. Educating yourself on what is really going on in America and the government is a better way. Did you know that in a "midnight legislation" carried out in the last week of his administration, Pres. G.W. Bush raised the allowable amounts of both mercury and arsenic in your drinking water back to where they were before we found out it can kill you? Do you suppose he did that for your benefit? LOL:wink:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  11. trollrap

trollrap New Member

State:
    northern illino
    I drive a sub compact, Toyota Yaris. It was...easy (cheap) to manifacture. It is... easy(cheap) to maintain/ repair. It will be... easy(cheap) to recycle. That's the best I can come up with for my own transportation for now. I know that we will come up with an alternative. I just don't think electric is it, right now. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bush Country. Nuff said.
    welcome to texas. LOL

Mark's, turn now.

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    OOPS, I thought I was in hi area.
    Cant edit

14. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
  15. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    Ok but what about this..Here on Old Hickory Lake in TN theres a Dupont plant on the lake..They pollute the lake of course..Now heres the ringer.They continue to pollute the lake cause its cheaper for them to pollute and pay the fines than to just clean up after themselves..

16. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
  17. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    So I'm to trust the same SOB's that caused the levees to fail for Katrina??I'll pass.I hate to sound defeat us but no one listens these days..And the ones that do listen say there doing all they can(BS)...

18. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I did not say anything about "trust". But it is "their lake", so that is where I would start.

If you think you can get something like this fixed with a phone call, you are going to find out different.
    Most likely it will be a years long campaign.

I noticed that folks build homes on the lake shore (I hate that, and thank goodness that is Verboten on WV COE lakes) You might get with them to add numbers to your complaint.

Chances are, if there is a real problem, some folks may have already attempted to organize against it. See if you can find them and offer your support.