ENTERTAINMENT VALUE

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BIG GEORGE, Jun 22, 2008.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Got down to the marina in Dutch Gap Virginia a couple hours early. Had to meet someone there at 7pm and got there about 5. Let me tell ya its an event. Tons of older foks big and small thick and thin most of em older. Sittin up on the hill in the back of thier trucks with the tailgate down or parked on the foldin chairs. ITS A HOOT! Watchin the weekend yahoos get thier jet skies and boats outa the water and back on the trailers. Some of the action is a blast and some will make ya wanna walk down and stomp a hole in thier chests. I recomend it. If ya got a decent size launch in your area get on down there on a saturday evenin. Its gotta be a cheap date. LOL!:wink:

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    So how did you do on The Big Jim? catch any hogs, George?

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    BG, back when my bud and myself didn't have a bunch of money to spend, we would get a six pack apiece and go to the boat launch on Saturday and sit in the shade and have a ball. The best we ever saw, was a woman backing a boat and trailer (her husband was in the boat) into the water and something happen and she just keep on going, next thing we knew, the top of the cab was just sticking out of the water! She popped out of the water like a jug that had been pulled down by a big cat. Her husband giving her a few words that I can not print. They shut down one ramp for several hours.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Nothin quite that good Mac. LOL! Never seen nothin quite like it. Then again I stay away from the water pretty much on Saturday and Sunday. :wink:

5. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    What, no video???????

:004:

6. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I thought I was the only redneck that did that(watch the idiots),guess even N.J. has'em....did see a truck go in the water once,secluded lake in Fl.,no ramps.Chem-lawn truck backed up to rinse out his tank on the back(illegally),it just kept going-the tank acted like a giant bobber.By the time we left,it was in the middle of the lake....the driver sitting on top with a cell phone,wincing and holding it away from his ear at times:0a13:

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    been there. seen about 15 non english folks one time take about 30 min. they left finally after the couldnt get it fired.

sounds like ya seen a good amature day at the ramp. thats what i call it.

8. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i like the boat ramps but i think i got ya beat for entertainment. we have a creek that all the local hillbilly's like to float called big sugar creek . which eventually turns into the elk river and dumps into grand lake. there is a lowwater bridge that floaters have to do a portage over at about the three six pack point in the creek. frankly it's a riot.nothin quite like packin a picknick basket and the lawn chairs for afternoons worth of mayhem down at the local low water portage. i've seen everything from fist fights to folks completely abandonig canoes there.