Entertainment Center1

Discussion in 'Jims Woodworking' started by dominoman, Jan 22, 2008.

1. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Kinda new to the BOC, so much info on here, could spend days learning tons. Just found the woodworking part, here's some pics of an e-center I did last fall for a good friend. It's 11' 6" wide and near 7' tall. Had to build it in 3 sections just so we could move it. Sure glad I didn't miss the measurements because it slid against the baseboards on both side when we put it in.

Attached Files:

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Nice job Dale. Don't you just love it when you build something that big and it fits like a glove. That takes some planning and skill. By the way is your table saw a Unisaw?

3. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Table saw is a Delta contractor saw that's been tricked up a bit. It's got a 52" Beesey fence and an 8' outfeed table with a 5 x 5 torsion table on the corner for glue up work. (When ever I can get enough fishing stuff off of it to use)

4. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Thanks Lonnie, how do you like your Beesey? I have the unisaw fence and have longed to have the Beesey. Sounds like you have a great setup for your shop.

5. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Fish, the Beesey is what I consider to be the Cadillac of fences. Bump it, bang it, it comes right back to dead on true. Since I got the saw setup, I have not used the jointer, the rips are so true, I get a no line glue up on almost any thing I run thru it.

6. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Another great looking piece Lonnie!

7. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Another fine job.

Jim as Lonnie says, them bessimier fences are the best. Ive been running one on a PM66 for 14 yrs now and I think in that time it was re adjusted maybe 3 times. And it gets used almost every day. Good stuff!

8. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Lonnie and Dave, you both need to keep me out of your shop, I would have your tablesaws rusty from droolin all over them.LOL That PM66 with the beesey can't be beat any way you go.

I don't use a jointer either Lonnie, I just never have needed one. I did have a 8 inch Rockwell and swapped it for a shaper. That big ole jointer was just too big for my little shop.

9. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Love the entertainment center wish I had one like that.

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    very nice, i made one alot smaller for woodshop in high school for a project once

11. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    looks nice good looking work !!!