ENOUGH'S ENOUGH! Stop teasin' me already!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Catgirl, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

As most of y'all know, here in NC (as in various other places) we're in the middle of a drought. So I'm outside a while ago, bathing Blossom (my oldest golden). It's hot and muggy, and just generally miserable! Came in to rehydrate and drink a bottle of water.....wasn't in here ten minutes, when BOOM BOOM BOOM, big thunder. Then it got dark as pitch out there, and the wind picked up mightily. I told punkin570, who I was chatting with at the time, that I better get off the computer, 'cause it looked like a bad one was coming. Now I'm not one who ENJOYS storms.....yes, the lightning can be beautiful, but it's a little unnerving at times :eek:oooh:, especially with high winds and a countless number of large trees all around your house. But I was thinkin', "PLEASE, BRING ON THE RAIN!!!" It sure LOOKED like it was gonna do a number on us, and it finally started.... about 100 drops fell maybe :angry:. Then the thunder became more and more distant, no more raindrops pinging on the boat pontoons, and the sky lightened up. Seems this one blew out about as fast as Dorothy's house in "The Wizard of Oz", as have a few in the past couple of weeks. There's a severe weather watch out here until 9 pm, so I hope we get another chance at some of that wet stuff! ENOUGH'S ENOUGH! Stop teasin' me already!

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Catgirl, it is getting dark and thar is thunder in them skies. Will we be lucky and get a little rain, I sure hope so. Mac

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    A meager offerin to the rain gods should do the trick. LOL! Perhaps a dance or a live chicken. Been rainin here for three days. A good soaker. My maters are burstin. LOL! You needed to hear this, right.

4. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    we got luckey a couple of days ago got a few drops not even enought to wet the ground good but i was joyed to see the few drops but didnt help water level any , i think our corp dept. thought it was going to flood mode and opened all the gates for a little cause our water went down a foot instead of comming up...........so i fill your pain:angry:

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

CRAP!!! Thought I was gonna have to become a Yankee to see any rain. Thank goodness it's only gotta be a dance or a live chicken :wink:!

6. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Catgirl, LKN area just got 1/8 inch of rain in 15 minutes from your thunder storm. I guess it is better than nothing.

7. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    God would not be so cruel.

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Nope, but remember, that dance with the chicken has got to be in yer birthday suit in the middle of the day so that the full moon will be shining in the daytime.

9. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey the chicken and the dance is working for me.:wink: its raining!

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

What'd ya say Michael? You're doin' the chicken dance in the rain? I think I'd like to see that :smile2:. Hey, did y'all fish the tourney Saturday night on High Rock?

11. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Quick!!!! Grab a water hose and get outside and water your lawn, and wash the truck!!!! If I wash my truck or water the grass, it ALWAYS rains here. You had better be quick before the storm chances depart.:eek:oooh:

12. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Well, dance that number on down this way!! The ponds and even one of the smaller rivers are starting to dry up around here. We're even "hoping" that a tropical storm or wussy hurricane comes through just so we can get some water in the ground.

13. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Jerrod, I grabbed a water hose and washed two dogs this afternoon, doesn't that count :tounge_out:? Speakin' of baths, I better go take a shower :bad_smelly:.

14. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    move to oklahoma, Tanya:wink:

you don't have to strip or sacrifice your firstborn:smile2:

we had a 2 year drought and made up for it in 2 months...and that was 2 months BEFORE the last week......some of us (and i am one) got 8+ inches in a matter of 3 or 4 hours:eek:oooh:

15. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Yeah, usually when you wash the dogs it comes up a big rain and they just get all muddy and nasty again so yeah, it should bring a big ole gully washer down your way:smile2:

16. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    It's still raining here in Greensboro, thankfully. Finally! a little relief from the heat!

Jon

17. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    That's why the South lost the war Tanya. We always got more rain. Got 6" here in the last two days. Wanna come up and mow my lawn? The weeds are having a tough time outgrowing the grass. Hehheh.

18. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
  19. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    naw i got my heart broke at the one at santee though. i figured i would have a better chance dancing for rain. good part about this drought is my yard looks as good as my neighbors and i didnt have to do anything to mine this year.:smile2: a new lawn mower is worthless around. im thinking about selling mine on ebay...lol.

20. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    This Yankee is gonna do a special rain dance for
    a special friend! Better grab your umbrella Tanya!