Eno River White Bass Run

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Catfishnz4me, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Catfishnz4me

Catfishnz4me New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    anyone catching any white bass in the eno? we went the other day and slap wore em out! all 3 of us caught our limit of keepers! hopefully this weather will warm up and we wont get to much rain to ruin the river. let me know how yall are doin..

2. amk29

amk29 New Member

State:
    Durham, NC
    glad to hear the fishing is good on the Eno. I am a newcomer to the area and the BOC and been wanting to try the Eno when in the mood for some daytime noncatfish fishin. i don't mean to ask all your secrets, but was hoping you could give some advice on white bass or other fishing at the Eno. Locations, patterns, tackle etc. Thanks and congrats on a great day on the water.

3. Mr Madness

Mr Madness New Member

State:
    north carolina
    where on the eno are you fishing i have not fished it befor

4. Catfishnz4me

Catfishnz4me New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    right now the water is terrible! to much rain! but when the water clears up you can put your boat in at the eno river boat ramp and either go up the eno river or go down the river and then go up the flat river. havent been fishing lately due to the water conditions. go up either river and throw bettle spins, meps spinners, or road runners. when the fishing is good you can catch em on anything you can throw at em. the river has excellent fishing for anything you want to fish for. you can catch crappie, nice channel cats 3-10lb range. its a good place to fish. give it a try and let me know how you do! good luck

5. amk29

amk29 New Member

State:
    Durham, NC
    Thanks for the the advice. I got the weekend off and went out from the Red Mill Rd ramp. All I have is a canoe but was able to scout the river a little. The water was really high compared to the last time I was out, so I didn't even really fish much. There were a few spots I thought would be decent for catfishing. I was thinking the sharp bends may cause some nice holes and cutbanks between the ramp and the flat river. right where the flat river meets the eno, there were a few nice flats that looked promising. b/w the 2 sets of power lines right after the rivers come together there is a nice sandy cutbank (on the northeast side of the river) for about 100 yards. I am not sure if you know the one i am talking about, but i figure there has gotta be some cats hiding there if the rivers come together and cut out a little hole. do you know if there is access off brickhouse road to this part of the river? i don't mind hiking little through the woods, just the 25 min paddle from the ramp! Hope you guys got out as well to enjoy the sunshine and high water and thanks agin.

6. amk29

amk29 New Member

State:
    Durham, NC
    thanks