Eno River... around Hillsborough

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by CatSlayer715, Aug 16, 2009.

1. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    Anyone fished it?? what kind of luck did you have?

2. wtjordan84

wtjordan84 New Member

State:
    NC
    ive grew up fishing the Eno River....mostly for bass, crappie and other panfish. The biggest catfish Ive known to come out of there was about a 3-4 pound channel cat...Personally Ive only catfished on the Eno probably twice in my life, but Ive never caught anything other than bullheads. However I have heard rumors that there are sizeable flatheads up towards Durham/Creedmoor where the Eno and Flat River come together right before it flows into Falls Lake. Ive never fished this part of the river before, but a friend told me that there is a boat ramp on that part of the river, so its on my list of places to try....Ive found out from experience that Falls Lake is a pretty good place to catfish, (although it doesnt get much recognition, which is fine by me!), so I suspect that the waters feeding Falls Lake should be good as well. Let me know if you have any luck, or hit me up sometime if you are going out on the weekend. Im pretty much always down to fish. Tight lines

3. nccatgirl

nccatgirl New Member

State:
    NC
    You had better beware of theft if you fish the Eno river. I was robbed about a month ago at one of the remote river boat ramps. I have fished the Eno at multiple places and have only caught gills. I have tried for catfish with gills, cut gills, dipbait, minnows and cut eel with no luck. I will admit it was only in a few places and hardly a good test of the Eno. Getting robbed just took away all of my interest in fishing that river.

4. wtjordan84

wtjordan84 New Member

State:
    NC
    where did you get robbed on the Eno? thats crazy....my experiences on the Cape Fear have been fairly sketchy, but the Eno? I would think thats the last place you would get robbed!?! Was it the part more towards Durham or Hillsborough? I guess it just proves the point though that it never hurts to pack well if you know what I mean :) Youve got to tell me the whole story....what did they take? were they armed? How many people were there? were you in your car or out walking? craziness!