Enjoyed meeting several of you folks this weekend.

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, May 31, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The Pee Dee Catmasters tournament was a great success. I really enjoyed meeting many of you folks. We had a great time camping at the landing. The only thing that could have made it better would have been if EVERYONE had camped and we could have had more time to talk and hang out. I only spoke briefly with several folks, and I wished for more time to get to know some of you. Hopefully we can get a camp over tournament together some time. The tournament ended REALLY WEIRD! Ill let James tell you about it in another thread.
    Bill in SC

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Bill, Glad ya had a good time brother.:wink: I've never fished a Pee Dee Catman Tourney, but who knows. Maybe one day it could happen.:big_smile: One things for sure. The Carolinas are filled with catmen who are really good people.:big_smile:

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Had a great time also Bill. I would have camped but it sure is hard to sleep on the ground when I have a nice cozy bed less than 10 min away. I say we plan a fish-n-camp maybe for the fall when it start cooling down and calms the bugs down some. The report has been sent in and they should have it up soon.

4. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Bill, it was a pleasure meeting you and the rest of the guys down at Pee Dee. The fishing was pretty awsome too. We grand slammed Blues, Flatheads, & Channels some times in the same hole most on the same bait. Just drop a line in and there is no telling what might bite. Cut Herring seemed to work best for us but the bream worked well too.

5. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Gotta love the ole "GrandSlams" !!!

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yesterday, I had a rod bend over, and had quite a fight. Was sure this would be the tournament winner! Finally got it to the boat and it was a soft shell turtle about the size of a 30 gallon drum lid! :) That booger pulled and fought like a cat. We released it unharmed. Also while fishin' for bait Friday, I caught a MINNOW and a pound or so largemouth bass on a waxworm. Saw more snakes than I have seen anywhere lately. Most every bush and log pile had moccasins and other various snakes lying in them. Tickles me when folks always assume that EVERY snake they see at the river is a moccasin. Fact is, I think we have 70 or so harmless water snakes. Saddens me when folks are so ignorant that they kill 'em ALL.
    Bill in SC

7. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    It was good to meet you also Bill. Hope to see you again in the future at some tournaments. Had a great time and will be back very soon. I did find out one thing about coming down there and fishing...... River fishing is a lot different than lake fishing!!:eek:oooh::big_smile::smile2: Did have a great time and learned a lot and meet some great people!! Everyone take care and stay in touch!

8. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i also enjoyed meeting everyone this weekend!! I had a great time camping and hanging out with bill and pegleg! James and everybody else are great people! the pollo was very good!! that couldn't have come at a better time when i got there! didn't catch any fish but that won't stop me, i will be back again and again until i get the big boy!! where did you say that i could get 1 of those bubble machines from James???