Enjoyable Morning

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Mo.Hick, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Went out deer hunting this morning after the rain quit about daybreak. Saw one deer at 8 and it was a buck. Couldnt decide if I wanted to shoot it or not. But after looking at it for a minute or so it was a buck that I have been trying to take out for two or three years. A worthless 9 point that I wanted out of the heard we have around here. Did get pictures on my phone which arent good at all. What an enjoyable morning to be in the woods and enjoy what God gave us.

Tom

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    thanks for sharing and congrats brotha

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Tom for sharing your morning review of what God has given us. I enjoy getting out ine the woods early in the morning when all nature starts to come to live. Beautiful site. Congrats on the buck.

4. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That was a nice deer! Saw the pics on your phone, good job man! Chris

5. Colinkem

Colinkem New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Did anyone else have a rough opening weekend? They just werent moving and saw very few deer, where we normally see a great deal of them. Not prime weather IMO.

6. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    My buddy and I had a good weekend, I shot my porkchop which is a yearling, which is the greatest tablefare and he had the chance to cap a buck but he turned him down so we had chances and saw a few deer besides those, so all in all it was OK, we still have the rest of the week to go:big_smile: so now we are just horn hunting:tounge_out:

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    It was a rough opening morning. everything just was not right. My buddy did kill a heck of a buck, so it was not a totally lost weekend

8. Colinkem

Colinkem New Member

State:
    Missouri
    SHOWME, i took a young doe late in the morning sunday, dont have much time to hunt the rest of season but i figured i would get some meat for the freezer.

9. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hunt the timbers and stay out of the fields, acorns are tremendous this year where I hunt. Saw 20 deer opening weekend and over 75 squirrels. guys I spoke to who hunt fields said they saw nothing, but in the woods was another story.

10. headbanginhillbilly

headbanginhillbilly New Member

State:
    holden,missouri
    Congrats on the 9 pointer. I took my 14 year old opening morning and we didn't see anything. Talking to alot of people and it seems like it was pretty slow across the state for the most part.