Enjoy The Same Status

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ace, May 12, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Why don't catfish of all species enjoy the same status as the Flathead and Blue.I am assuming that their size is of no concern just eat them all.The wourld record Channel cat weighed 58 lbs that sounds like a nice size fish to me.
    I don't here of any one turning their big Channel back.As of right now in North Carolina the state record slot for Channel is open.You must have a fish that weighs at least 20lbs to be entered for What about Bullhead or White catfish.Seems to me if it not big eat it.I think some people are intimidated by other members posting threads puting others down for keeping big catfish to eat.It don't matter to me what others think about what I do with the fish I keep.I am not intimidated by what others think as long as I am doing no wrong.Actually it is childish to me the way people think.And try to force others to think the way they do by intimidation. :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

:choler:

http://www.wildlife.state.nc.us/news_stories/pg00_NewsRelease/pg00_may05_8.htm

:cat:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I respect them all, but I just don't really enjoy catching White Cats and Bullheads while I'm fishing for big Blues and Channels because I'm using big gear.

As long as someones not keeping anything illegal, I'm not going to look down on them.

Oh and one of my goals is to break that 20lb Channel Cat record, so far closest I've come is 15lbs. But I'm determined to get it, there is a river around here with excellent channel cat fishing and no fishing pressure!

Zak

3. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    Concervation is a great thing and I support it as much as the next guy. Putting the bigger ones back for broud stock is a great thing and ensures we have a good size hatch in the year to come. But I know people who live on a good deal of what they catch and hunt. I have no problem with that. the only people I have a problem with are the poachers and the ones that let a catch go to waiste because they are too tired to deal with it or those who break the law. I may not agree with all of them but they are there for a reason. But I have great deal of respect for those that use and not abuse our natural resourses. Yes I could go to the store and buy what I need. But that is not the point is it. It is however, being in God creation and enjoying the freedom and friendship of all those who partisipate.

Hope to see you on the water soon!

4. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Amen Daryl, and I have enjoyed each trip on the water and in the woods with you.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Good post Ernest. I have often felt that the channel cat as well as the channel cat chaser has been looked down on at times and treated like the red headed step child.

6. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Thanks George for your great reply.Thats the point I was trying to make.
    The Channel cat if they live long enough they can grow to be heavy weights.
    The post was about why only the Flatheads and Blues are the only ones turned back.

I also am a deer hunter.Have been since I was a young man.I enjoy eating deer meat. My wife and children and grand children eat fish and deer meat.
    I have some good trophys of fish and deer on my wall.I have always tried to teach all the children to be a good sportsman and not to kill just for the sake of killing.Everybody has a right to voice their own opinion.thanks for all the replys.

:0a31:

:cat: