Enders

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bigredcatfish, Feb 17, 2009.

1. bigredcatfish

bigredcatfish New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I am planning to fish Enders Reservoir this spring. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to fish? Are there any hogs in Enders? Where do I need to fish??

2. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    let us know how you do that is an other place on my list of fishing trips this year also. :smile2:

3. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    hey man I was just there on the 7th of March and caught 6 channels on chicken livers. They were only 1 pounders but it was a beautiful day and was a lot of fun. From what I've been told the west end where the river feeds the lake is where all the catfish are. Good luck.
    I'm new to this half of the state and I'm planning on fishing some new lakes this year in some tourneys. If you have any info on Merrit, McConahey, Medicine Creek(harry strunk), or Midway Run I would love to get some tips. Talk to you all later

4. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Welcome to the BOC John
    Sorry but I can't help ya on those lakes at all:smile2: Good luck

5. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Hey bigred thanks for the heads up on the CNCA. This is my first season and I'm only going to compete in the tourney's that are on this side of the state. If you got any tips about Merrit, Medicine Creek or Midway run I would love to get some help on them. I'm not even sure if there are bait shops close to any of them. Of course I'm going to fish them the week before to see if I can find any honey holes. I got a question for you what is up with half of the sites being fished during the day. That's not exactly prime fishing time for cats. In fact it bugs me enough that I may just skip them all and travel to Lincoln and fish the NCAA instead. I hate fishing in the middle of the day, especially when it's hotter than hades out.
    About Enders the other day I was on the west end on the north shore in like 5 to 12 ft of water. I can't tell you exactly how deep the water was because I was in my 14 footer. Had to use the knots on my anchors to judge the depth. I was about 25 yards off of the north shore just before the brush. I can't wait to get my big boat fixed then I could send out GPS cordinates on exactly where I was. I don't mind sharing my locations because I'm not like most guys I run into around here. They don't even want to give out what kind of bait they use. Lame if you ask me.
    I'm not going back out again until the weekend of the 18th of April my big boat will be fixed by then. I hope I can find bait for the tourney's, otherwise I'll be catching bluegills and goldfish. Anyways talk to you all later.

6. bigredcatfish

bigredcatfish New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Yes, I am only going to fish tourney's that are on this side of the state. Don't forget to put in Calamus on your schedule, that lake is awsome!!! Last year it took 5 fish and 82 lbs to win!!! This is the first year that they have had some day tournaments. There is positives and negitives to both. If you want to go and fish the NCAA schedule, because they have all night tournaments, that's your decision. But, take into consideration a few things:

1. Your driving a hell of lot further to fish lakes
    2. The lakes that you're going to be fishing are a lot smaller with smaller fish!
    3. The competition is a little better with Central Cats according to my opionion.
    4. The pay out is a hell of a lot better with Central Cats and they have a calcuta.

Either or both clubs represent themselves well and serve the purpose that they are trying to accomplish. Hope to see you at Enders next week and we can chat some more.

7. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Yeah my fiance has already brought all those fine points to my attention. And since she controls the check book I'll probably only fish one or two of those tourneys over there. I really like fishing Pawnee, Conasotga, and Branched Oak. I heard Craig has a back up plan to fish Lake Ogallala if Lake Mac is to windy. You can't even drop an anchor in that lake. And with 25 boats that place would be packed so bad it would be really crowded. I guess if that happens I'll try to get my entry fee back and just fish the big lake instead just for fun. At least he wants to have that tourney in the daytime which is probably a pretty safe idea.
    I was going to fish the tourney next week but I HAVE to go to a b-day party in CO that weekend. I tried to have it changed to easter weekend but that is out. And if I don't want to sleep on the couch for the rest of my life I had better go to the party.:roll_eyes: Make sure you stick to the west end where the river comes in and stay buy the flats, from what an oldtimer told me that's the place to go when it's this early in the season. Good luck and let me know how you do.
    So I guess the first time we'll get a chance to meet is at the tourney at Merrit Res. I'm really pumped about that tourney except for the fact it's during the day. I've heard some really good things about that place.
    Since they close the lake to fishing 12 hours before the start of the tourney including bait, does that mean that we can throw our nets as soon as the tourney starts? Of course as long as it's legal to throw a net on the lake we are fishing. I only ask because most of the tourney's I won't be able to show up until the team meetings. Which sucks because I'm a big time believer in live bait. Heck I don't even know how to make blood bait. But I did buy some Wicked Stinky from Cabela's this winter but haven't tried it yet. And I'm thinking of trying to make some stink bait but can't find any Limburger cheese which is the main ingrediant of our family recipe. Anyways enough for now. Talk to you later

8. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Well the bite was off today at Enders. Oh well maybe next time