End of the year beach hunt

Discussion in 'Metal Detecting' started by Bobpaul, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I Went up to Wilmington today to hunt with Cattail and his son.

Found two more rings and $6.40 in coins.
    2 Sac dollar coins
    11 quarters
    13 dimes
    2 nickles
    35 pennies

The rings are .925 silver and ugly. Cleaning them up didn't help much. The styles are flat out ugly. Ain't no other way to put it.

See for yourself

Attached Files:

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Thats a interesting hobby, you have Bob. One of these days i would like to invest in a metal detector.

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Some areas of the beach at Tybee Island Georgia used to rejuvenate after each winter storm moved the sand around.peewee

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Once in awhile i can find areas that have alot of coins and some jewelry. It gets gathered by shifting sands and deposited in close proximity to each other.

Some times good targets are brought out of the ocean and left behind by the tides and various weather conditions.

Similar to how gold is washed out of the river and stream banks, then deposited in pockets and crevices.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    You have had a "BANNER" year. LOL! They could sure use you in Afghanistan. LOL!

6. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I always enjoy reading the results of your treasure hunts. It definitely sounds like fun!

7. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    BG, I'm as close to Afganistan as I'm going to get:waaaht:

Two Civil War cannon balls were found on the beach near me this year. One was exploded and one was emptied and saved.

Here's a pic of this years silver collection. I plan on filling a small treasure chest next year when I start shallow water diving.

Attached Files:

8. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    That looks like a great hobby.Thanks for sharing pictures of your treasures.Im going to give the gold bug a work out when i get back on my feet.Thx for posting.

9. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Your Right Bob,Them Some Ugly rings!So Just send them to Me and I'll Dispose of them for You.LOL.Congrats. J.D.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bob it looks like you and a good year and I know it's a lot of fun. Let me be first to wish you a bountful year in 2007. Thanks for all the pics.