Enclosed/Heated Docks, who fishes them???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TDawgNOk, Nov 9, 2006.

Do they have heated or enclosed docks to fish in around your area?

1. Yes, we have enclosed fishing docks

2. No, we don't have enclosed fishing docks

3. What the heck are you talking about?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Anyone here fish enclosed and/or heated docks in the winter?

Do you have them in your area??

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I did on lake grapevine in Texas growing up. Loved that place. To bad it flooded out in the late 70's best fishing hole around at the time.

3. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    Someday, after I hit the mega million lottery:tounge_out:

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

We called it a fishing barge I think it costed 1.00 per day. 24 hour grill, bait and tackle. The owners just liked fishing. Half the time they either under charged are over filled, the regulars, bait order. They chummed the area and had tree oiles and all. They made their money on boat slips and dry storage.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I've never heard of this insanity before.

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    But I will say if I ever did or do come across any close by I want to take advantage of that!:big_smile:

7. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    You bet we have them. I do a lot of crappie fishing in them.

8. dobbie

dobbie Member

I plan on fishing the heated docks on Grand lake this winter.I'm not real sure but I think there is a dozen of them 30 minutes from the house.

9. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Heated fishing docks are generally for crappie. They normally bait them, have lights shining directly in the water, and normally have minnows and other bait for sale as well.

It's a great way to get out of the piercing winter wind that blows around these parts.

10. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i put no in the poll cause the closest crappie house i know of is a couple hours away unfortunately. I love these lil houses with the hole in the floor and the green fish attractor lights. makes for great and comfortable crappie and white bass fishin. plus its generally good catfishin just off the edge of the light. even if theres nothin bitin, I like just sittin and watchin what swims through.

11. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    The only little houses we have with holes,have them in the seats.I would think that they would be a lot harder to use with the hole in the floor.I guess we just like our comfort.We always put ours over a hole in the ground.I just don;t think that I would want to eat the fish,if you put them over the water.All jokes aside.I have never seen one.Does anyone out there have any pictures or anything?peewee-williams

12. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    Well I have never heard of anything like that around here but it sure does sound like it would be nice

13. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Peewee, that post made me laugh, let me see what I can come up with for ya

14. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Attached Files:

15. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    this is only indoor picture i could find. its a big crappie house in the dallas area i think.

Attached Files:

16. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    They are at some marinas in Texas. Belton Lake had one. Many years ago my Dad work for the man who own it.
    Inside, heated, hole in dock. Mostly disable people, older people, few families with small kids and a few lazy people would fish them. LOL
    I thought it was good stuff.
    Had lights, heat, etc. I think it cost a couple bucks. I fished the dang
    hole. LOL. I talked to a lot of old timers, help em bait up etc. it was fun.
    My cousin and I would fish the rest of area, Outside docks, around fancy boats etc. We experience a few storms in the area. LOL. We always had a stringer to give to those who didn't. Had a lot of fun.
    Tony, That pic is about what it looks like where my dad worked. It was a marina so there was plenty of boat stalls around it. Your right, it is mainly for crappie, Bream etc. Now and then some old timers, me too, would pull in a nice cat or bass.
    Like I said. We fished outside but had fun fooling round with the insiders.

Thanks for bringing that up. I had some good memories of it all.
    Wish I could put up some pics. I got some on VHS video, ( might pull out tape and take a
    look ) and Old fashion pics. No scanner and no hook up PC to VCR and most of all, no Time to do it. LOL

17. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Tony strange that you posted Longs. I spent a week in cabin #1 in Oct of 1962. Thanks, it sure looks the same as back then.

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Heck I cant give RP or anything. My dang ISP

Nice pic slimepig

19. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    It just happened to be one of the few I could find pics of really quickly.

20. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Bad links couldn't get pics up