Emergency Trip to Cabela's

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by 1mickymoo, May 6, 2009.

1. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    ever had one of them days........?

So, last night it was sprinckling, I had 3 fresh gills and three shad, time to fish, right? I get in my truck, I'm headin' to the lake, 62 degree water, maybe I can get a flatty. 1 mile down the road, I don't know why, I looked in the bed of my truck and discovered mt tackle bag had been stolen, so I thought. I instantly pulled over just to confirm my fears, gone! U-turn witht the boat and quick call to the sheriff(so he could tell me to basicly kiss my gear goodbye). By this time I'm sweating, shaking and pacing back and forth, I'm sure ya'll realize it's a big deal, some hooks are 3 bucks a pop. Took some deep breaths and tried to calm down, said to the wife, "I gotta go to Cabela's NOW!". I haven't worked in a while and don't have alot of money, but I had 30 bucks in gift cards and my wife hooked me up with 20 in cash, replace my whole arsenal with 50 bucks, haha, but I tried. I ended up with 4/0, 7/0 and 8/0 Gamma circles, and 7/0, 6/0 and 4/0 kahles, swivels and beads. Two tackle buddies and a little box to keep em in. Called my buddy, he never uses kahles anymore and told me he has alot of hooks for me, thanks to God. It will take me a long time to rebuild, but in the scope of things, the Lord gives and the Lord takes away, I have prayed that whoever took my gear will be somehow used by God for His Glory. I still have my boats, poles and health. It's only stuff, right? I guess the worst of the "hit" is my lead, about 25 lbs of no rolls, and I don't have any lead to pour more, all I had at home is egg sinkers, I guess I used eggs for years and they'll do for now. My boat registration and my disposable camera, w/pictures, and my sense of security. I don't think I will be able to restock my river gear for some time, but, they didn't get my river lead, it was in my house. I spent two hours last night tying leaders, I'm going to fish today and tomorrow, (I hope), and I'm going to continue to pray for the thief, what else can a guy do................................?

2. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Sorry to hear you lost your gear. Maybe a few of us BOC brothers can help you out. I can donate some lead if you need some to pour with.

3. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    keep an eye on craigslist too, it pop up on their.

4. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    Hey i got about fifty pounds you could have. I have a reliable source for lead so i can always get more. If you want it shoot me a pm. I probably have some other stuff you can have too To get ya back up to speed

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Pray for him why???????

The dirtbag!!!!!:angry:

Course I am not a religious man myself. I hope the little s.o.b. gets busted!

6. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Larry, That really sucks but like you said in so many words everything happens for a reason.

Are you fishing up my way? what size No-rolls do you use I have some 1 1/2oz, 2oz, 3oz an maybe some 4oz too if you need some let me know.
    I got a good deal on them from Gus here on the BOC.

7. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    because anyone who would take something that isn't theirs needs prayer. What good would it do for me to have bad intentions for the guy? Would it change anything? If MY stuff is still in his possesion when God moves his heart, maybe he'll put it back.... Not holding my breath, but, with God all things are possible. 2 hours and I've already had offers for replacement stuff, stuff is temporal, a mans soul is eternal.

8. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Larry, I have several molds, no-roll, flat bank, bank and eggs you can borrow anytime.

9. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Larry,
    Sorry to hear about your stuff getting snatched. I probably have some extra lead around here. If you need some holler.

10. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Sorry to hear that Larry. It happens all too often.:sad2:

11. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Larry I've got some 5 1/2 oz no rolls that I can hook you up with also. I'll bring a bunch with me to the gathering and since I'm in a elec. site I'll bring my lead pot so you can use it if you would like. Along with anyone else if they would like to pour any lead while we are there.

12. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have a bunch of no-roll and bank sinker molds. I might bring them with me to the gathering. Then you can pour what you want there.

13. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Larry sorry to hear about your loss ,but the post i have read to u about gear just shows how great this site is ,i don,t know of many other places where that would happen

14. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Larry I have a bunch of assorted hooks Id be glad to give you. Im on vacation for a couple of weeks, so next time you are going to get out and fish Hillsdale, give me a shout, and Ill swing down there. :big_smile:

15. team salmon

team salmon New Member

State:
    kansas
    Larry - wish I could help - I would just like to say that this situation is a testamonial to your faith - some beleive in god and others do not - it is obvious that your standards of living is an example for others - bad things happen to good people but those who do good reep what they sew - I have not been on the site for long but it is obvious that there are caring - giving - and generally great people here and I'm am happy to be part of this organization - I beleive god will bless you and your brothers as for me next time I run across someone that does me wrong I will be able to reflect on this situation and know that there are great - honest people still out there - for this I thank you and all our brothers!!!!! o.k. enough said - get out there and hammer ya a big one!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

16. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    You don't have to believe in god to be a caring, honest, law-abiding citizen.:roll_eyes:

Praying for the guy will not send him a telepathic revelation to feel guilty and return the items he stole. If it makes YOU feel better then I suppose that is what this religion thing is all about anyway.

Folks help other folks, especially on the BOC, nothing to do with divine intervention.

17. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Bro, that has to hurt. I recently snapped a custom rod fishing," Catching my biggest Flattie this year 14 pounds." Considering I am unemployeed right now it's just lost to me. $$$$ for just two fish.

So I feel your pain.

18. team salmon

team salmon New Member

State:
    kansas
    Hey Darryl - if you're refuring to my post that post had nothing to do with your thoughts on religion or god - if I feel like saying something that I feel I WILL DO SO - nothing personal but I'm not trying to push my way of thought on anyone or defend what I think and either should you - I'm sure you're a good person and the last thing I would want to do is put religion as an issue for discussion - obviously he believes in what he believes and if I want to share in what it is that he is thankfull for that is what I WILL DO - nothing personal and next time I will pm the man if you find that less disruptive to your thinking!! You have every right to believe or not believe what you want - on the other side of the coin so do I!!

19. Bigfish18

Bigfish18 Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    I cant stand to hear that someone has had their stuff stolen. I had $500 worth of crappie equipment stolen. That ticked me off bad. The only one that hurt more then that was when some jerk came to my camp at Toronto and stole all my food and bait!!! Who takes a mans bait???

I wish I could say you will get over it, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth over my run in with thieves.

Again I hope some good luck comes your way.

20. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    you don't have to believe in God to be honest and caring, lot of fine aithiests in the world. With that said, I would like to say that my story and testament to my faith was not intended to open a can of worms with ant of my BOC brothers. You need to know, I am NOT religious, I haven't been to church in years(although I should go), I smoke, drink and cuss. What I am is Christian, I know that Jesus, willingly, died a horrible death and let Himself be tortured unimaginably for me and everyone else in the world, and that he rose from the dead on the third day. Sure, I try to be good, but as everyone else, we do wrong, little white lies, cheating on taxes, little things, that is why God assumed our debt to Himself, through Himself. I will never try to "push" my beliefs on anyone, I love the freedom He has given us to choose, everyone has a choice. Many of my closest friends are unbelievers, and I love them as much as my believing friends. I imagine, if we kept God out of our conversation, we'd have a great time fishing together, (we should set it up). Have a quality day, I hope I haven't offended you, but I am obliged to speak truth.