Emergency Numbers

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Jul 20, 2008.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Quick question. For those of you who go out there alone, who do you call when something happens and you're in a pinch (besides other BOCers). I remember Willie had to call for some help one time, and I would feel better if I at least had an emergency number.

Thanks in advance.

(Can you tell the wife is out of town?)

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Never really been in a pinch bad enough to summon help. I really don't know who I would call other than some Boccers numbers that I have on my phone. Oh..... and my mommy, I'd call my mommy for sure.:smile2:

3. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Damn Darryl I figured you'd call piperat first.. Then your mom..

4. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri

Greg, most fire departments in the area have marine rescue units. If you dial 911 they can get you some help. Also, you might want to invest in a vhf radio. The USCG in St. Louis monitors channels 9 and 16. I've had to call them once and they were there in a hurry.

5. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Thanks. I have a radio, so that would be where I would start.

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    PipeRat is like you Harold, NO BOAT! Well to be fair he does have a boat but it is in a perpetual state of modification to be the coolest Catfish Rig out there complete with air-conditioned Cuddy Cabin. Lets just say that will be a couple year project before the maiden voyage. :smile2:

7. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    706-476-8943
    Now you have me as an emergency number:smile2:
    Might take a while for me to get from GA to ya though:wink:

8. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Sounds like you need to put your projects on hold for a while and give piperat a hand.. And the Mrs could always finance the project... hehehe

9. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Now you've gone and did it:confused2: You know all too well my habit of never quite completing my projects. But since you have made the public declaration I have no choice but to bring this particular project to fruition. Lets just say there is something in this for "CUZ" that several of you subjected to his shenanigans will LOVE!!!! Thats all the details available for release now. Stay Tuned:smile2::smile2:

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ohhh Nooo.. He even talks like Darryl when he gets on a rolllll... hehehe

11. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    What ya got planned Rat.....gonna paint it yellow and name it the Nanner?

12. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mike its TOP SECRET:wink: We will all have to wait:cool2:

13. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    The number you need to call, anywhere in Missouri when you have an emergency on the water, is the Missouri State Water Patrol.

573-751-3333 - 24 hour dispatch number

14. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    real info here....
    if you have cell phone ( and if you fish/fish alone you should ) please put a contact in your "phone book" title it "ICE" cell phone lingo for In Case of Emergency
    If you are fishing & something happens while you are alone a stranger wouldn't know who to get a hold of. This may come in handy someday.
    hope not, but it might

15. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    I was out last night fishing with my three daughters and a Bass boat came cruising past me. He got about one hundred yards ahead of me and hit a wing dike, stopping him instantly. About five minutes later they came floating by me, paddles in hand. It took me about an hour to tow them to their launching ramp. They were lucky I was in the area because they were the only boat that I saw all night and it would have been real hard to paddle across the Mississippi. It would be nice if we had a list of people that would be willing to help if one of us needed a tow, jump or a pump to empty our boat (Ol Swampy). My number is 636-485-1571 and I am willing to help when I can. I live in the Saint Charles area and can be on the water if not at work in about one hour.

16. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Gateway Cats is in the process of making up a phone list as we speak. However, there have been a couple of "catches". First off, no number can be given out without permission of that member, in writing. Also, although most members want their number passed around, not everyone wants it passed outside of Gateway Cats. The first problem can be fixed, the second can't. We could only distribute them out to members, but we cannot control what who they give them to. If you have any thoughts on this, either post them here or send them to me.

17. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    In our stretch of river it would be at least two hours before a water patrolman will get to you, unless one happens to be working in the area you are in. That is not likely to be the case unless you are on the Meramec or upper Mississippi Rivers. That could be a pretty long wait!

18. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    3 and a half hrs.................LOL

I know that wait very well..............

Im still very greatful they came.

But I call 911 and they dispatched me so many times I forgot who it was that came and got me.

19. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    oh, and I was at columbia bottoms, 50yds from the ramp:embarassed::eek:oooh:
    before anyone say something smart. I was in the current. if I pulled the anchor I would've drifted down to the Miss. and then who knows where else

20. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    For the record guys make sure your cell phones are charged before every trip. Not only for emergencys but you might just land that new world record fish. :roll_eyes: