Embarassed

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Catmaster, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Have kind of a funny story for everyone. I parked at my fishing spot along the river. and started walking down the river with my pole fishing. I came to a cut bank and walked along the edge when I took a wrong step and about a foot of dirt gave way where i steped. I fell on MA and tried to grab the ground but I could not stop and slid all the way down to the water on MA. I went up to my knees in the water. I was freezing.

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    OOOOOOppppsss!! Hope you didnt hurt YA!!! So didja catch any fish?

3. meat_hunter

meat_hunter New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    that sound about like somthing that i would do. except i prlly would have been up to my neck.

4. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Hope your "a" is ok! lol :confused2: Catch any fish that day?

5. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Bill Dance wannabe!! :)

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    If I told of all the silly things I've done while fishing, they'd lock me up in the loony bin for sure. Boy, it seems like whenever I fish bad luck is always lurking just one step or cast away.

I feel your pain.

7. Charlie365

Charlie365 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    If you were by yourself, this is probably a good reminder of the importance of thinking about safety. Not that you were careless. Anybody could slip or fall off an embankment or on rocks. We've all done it. That's part of what keeps the rod makers in business selling us new rods 'cause we broke ours.

The safety I'm talking about is being sure you have communications IF possible like a cell phone, or at the very least making sure someone knows when you're expected to be back and exactly where you plan to fish.

If you were alone in the freezing water with a broken leg or ankle, you wouldn't last very long !!!

Of course, the BEST rule of safety is take a fishin' buddy with you !!

8. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I had a couple bites

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    All I will say is Thank God you lived to be embarrassed. It would've scared the thunder out of me!:eek:oooh:

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    One thing about fisherman they learn from their mistakes.I would bet that want happen again. Glad you were not hurt.Remember now that the story is out,you told it.:wink: :wink: :smile2:

11. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    lmao. Yeah...I'd of made fun of you for sure. Then I'd have slipped in the river and drowned...haha. Glad your rod was ok...I mean, you. lol. Gonna have to be more careful next time, big 'un.

-Red

12. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Who knows how many time that has happened to all of us. We all have embarrising stories i am sure. Glad you are ok

13. ksjcat

ksjcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    Like everyone else said we've all got embarassing stories just glad your okay