Email account hacked somehow

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by martygreen, Nov 30, 2009.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Just wanted to let everyone know that our email account has been hacked somehow.It is catawbacatfishclub@yahoo.com I was alerted to this this morning when I tried to log in and could not,I also recieved several calls during the day from guys that had recieved a bogus email.Thanks guys for aleting me.Anyway,I sent a request to yahoo support and I am waiting to hear back from them.Hopefully they will be able to get it back to me in legit form.I will let everyone know when it is back legit. or with a new email address.The mail that went out was supposedly asking for cash to be sent to the UK somewhere.
    Anyway thanks for your patience and if you need to email the club just send me or Jeff a PM here until the matter is resolved.Thanks.

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Oh oh, you not good for the $250 we sent to england to help you out? Whats up with that?:eek:oooh:
    Hope you get it all straightened out. I hate getting emails first thing in the am with friends in trouble and needing money, lol!:smile2:

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    One thing that may help in the future, Marty, don't post it for all the world to see like you did in your post. You have to munge it up a little. Like catawbacatfishclub at yahoo dot com. If anyone needs to communicate with you they'll figure it out.

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Thanks Jeb,good advice:wink:

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I guess I'll have to cancel that $4300 money order I sent over there.I was thinkin to myself.... What da hell is Marty doin over in the UK.:smile2::smile2:........Thats what they was asking me for.

I was gonna call you yesterday but I seen you got it figured out.