Elwood & Johnson Lake part 2

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bownero, Jun 14, 2009.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Well it's been a very eventful weekend for myself, brother-in-law Eric and my Ol' Buddy Al. Friday morning started the action for Eric, he landed a nice 9.5# Channel on bloodbait. I had plenty of bites, but managed to get snagged up more than I care to mention!:confused2: LOL! Saturday started off with a bang at Elwood. I caught 7 nice cats ranging in weight from 3-7lbs. Eric caught 4 around the same size and Al caught 2, but the kicker is one of the cats weighed in at a whopping 25lbs. and measured 40". Fricken awesome fish!! Can't believe it. We were about to call it a morning, then about that time Al's reel drag started peeling line and 15min later, the fish was landed!! Al kept the fish to clean and eat. All others were CPR'd.

Here's the pics!!

Attached Files:

2. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

wow is that a channel???? great trip it looks like

3. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    CONGRATS on a Great and Successful trip~!!!!

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    yes sir! that's a channel. anal fin is curved not straight like a Blue Cat. there's some big ones in Elwood. Now it's my turn. LOL! At least I hope. My goal is to catch a 20 this year.

5. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

well tell Al congrats on the MA either way....and to take em home too....I think I would get along great with Al....

6. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    nice fish man!! congrtulations!!:cool2:

7. Huskercat

Huskercat New Member

State:
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Congrats guys! That's an awesome fish! :big_smile:

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY! Thats a fine fine channel. :crazy:

9. lonecatman

lonecatman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    i've fished johnson for years. lots of huge channels there. the inlet is one of my favorite spots....lots of big channels with an occasional flatty. the canals are great for flatheads too. only fished elwood a few times, but had good luck drifting for channels. since i've moved to sd, i've really missed fishing down there. thanks for bringing back some good memories. got to get back down there this summer.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009