Ellsworth, anyone having any luck?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by driver52, May 28, 2008.

1. driver52

driver52 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I've tried Ellsworth Am-pm and the middle of the day and all I could muster was 3 baby blues in the past month. Now I'm no fisholigist but i caught fish last year. I was just wondering if maybe i missed the memo that said they moved all the fish to another lake. I've tried stink and punch bait, hell i even punched my stink bait. (didn't work) I tried shad gizards, cut shad, chk liver. minnows? If I buy any more bait I'm gonna have to pawn somthing 1st and get a bigger freezer.
    So I'm pretty open to advice?
    I do have 5gal of chum cooking few more good hot weeks and it'll be ready.
    Best i can figure I'm using the wrong color rod?

2. harley5247

harley5247 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Try the channel just north of Ralphs Resort with fresh cut shad

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I dont know anything about that particular lake but Id suggest useing fresh shad if you havent already. Also try a slip boober and keep adjusting the depth until you find out where thery are feeding. If you still dont have any luck I would try another lake.:wink::smile2:

4. lonnie84

lonnie84 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I agree on the FRESH cut shad. I just got a new cast net ( there only about $20 bucks) and I was amazed at how easy it was to catch shad from the bank. imo for best results get yourself a 3 1/2 foot net, there much easier to work (I made the mistake of getting a 5 footer) you can find shad on most windy banks, the key is to through from the windy bank. Also, boat ramps make really good spots to through from. The net will pay for itself really quick and you will be using FRESH BAIT!!!
    :big_smile:

5. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Up around Edgewater is usually pretty decent or around the Cove Acres area or over in the Tony Creek area, the top end of the lake at Cache Creek is pretty good at times...

6. driver52

driver52 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Thanks for the sugestions, got vacation next week I'm gonna give it a concentrated effort. ( never give up, never surrender )....

But i am leaning towards another lake...think maybe Lawtonka or steed.

:cool2::0a24:

7. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Waurika is another one you might consider