Ellis Lock advice needed

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Leiter, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Leiter

Leiter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm going to make my first trip to the Muskingum River this week fishing four nights, staying at Ellis. How has the fishing been around that area, how is the water(temp,level). Any advice will be greatly appreciated, Thank you in advance. Josh Leiter

2. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    If they are up there you should be able to catch a few. The lip out starts at the wall near the ramp and gets deeper the closer you get to the dam. I marked one spot under there last time at 24 feet. Lots of big rocks and cracks in the bedrock for a sinker to snagg on. ( and places for a flat to lay out of current).Sometimes they are on the slope of the lip out, or in the core, or on the flat out in front of the ramp. Gotta spread some baits around.

3. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    When are you going? If you are going this weekend, Ellis will be packed because of Father's Day. I fished there last year and there were peolpe all along the bank and just about any good spot had a boat on it. Good luck to you.:smile2:

4. Leiter

Leiter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Were heading down Thursday, Hopefully we can miss some people on Fathers day. Where is the best place to throw a cast net for bait thats not to far frome the campgrounds, I've never been to the area before. Thank you guys for the heads up on everything. Josh Leiter

5. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I've used my castnet above the dam for shad. I was camped right there. Caught some shad and some small carp. I fished and caught Carp in the Lock but I guess that's not allowed.:eek:oooh: At least I didn't get caught. I was told it's a big fine.

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Josh, did you guys have any luck up at Ellis last weekend? Give us a full report lol.