Elkhart + Whiskers, is it a good equation?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Tip123Q, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey,
    Im farely new to the good ol' whiskers, and i was wondering if there were any good spots for them around Elkhart, Indiana or surrounding areas?
    Thanx,
    -Tip---

2. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC J.R.! Nice to have ya aboard. Elkhart? Hmmm, I think there are some nice cats (channels) in the St. Joe up there. I know a guy who used to jug fish it with his buddies at night. He said they did pretty good. Also, the City of Elkhart's aquatic biologist has turned up a few nice cats while sampling the St. Joe. Simonton Lake has a few channels in it too. Besides that, I'm not sure.

Hope it helps.

3. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ok, Thanx Matt, actually i live just down the road from Simonton Lake, never fished for Mr. Whiskers because i heard they never stocked the lake with them, Well i know where im headed to next.
    Thanx,
    -Tip---

4. Welk49

Welk49 New Member

State:
    Northern Indiana
    Hey Tip I fish the St Joe River, and lately I have been getting some nice cats I usually fish the Osceola and Elkhart stretch of the river, let me know if you'd like to go out some night and fish.

5. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Alright i might take ya up on the offer, but it might be awhile i havent had time to fish in a while, dealing wit some personal stuff in my life...(girls) havent been able to get on in awhile to but hey thanx for the offer.
    -Tip---

6. Welk49

Welk49 New Member

State:
    Northern Indiana
    Hey I understand that, but yeah just give a shout when you get the time and we'll go