Elk River?

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by paleocaver, Jul 17, 2006.

1. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    With the temps rising and rivers already crowded, I'm looking for a few good places to float smaller waters this summer. I live north of Huntsville, AL not too far from the Elk where it passes through Fayetteville, TN. Is it worth floating? I doubt many cats (or are there) but smallmouth and such would help ease the craving if you know what I mean. Any good put-in/take-out spots say below fayettville?

Thanks

2. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Scott, I'm not familiar with that part of the state. Try clicking on the Member Map link at the top of the page and see if there are any members in that area. If there are, you could PM them if you don't get any replys. Sorry that's all I can help you with. Good luck!

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Scott as you go into Fayettville turn right on the bypass, right at the end of the bridge and a little ways, a short distance there is a park with a boat ramp. I have taken some good cats from in that area and there are some good small mouth in there to. I grew up in that area and fished all up and down that river with a cane pole.