Elephant Butte

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEW MEXICO TALK' started by RockyIII, Aug 15, 2003.

1. RockyIII

RockyIII New Member

State:
    From NY but live in NM
    Howdy all,
    I'm going to try my luck at Elephant Butte soon and was wondering if the upper or lower portion of the lake was better for cats. I'll be bank fishing this time. Thanks

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey Jim, Welcome to the BOC from GA, looks like the date on your post is wrong since you just joined today. I can't help you with Elephant Butte but hopefully someone here can. Good luck fishin'.

3. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Yeah, that's weird about the date on his post. Let us know how you do/did there. I've always thought about moving to NM and would like to know how the catfishin is there :smile2:

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jim,I fished there once ,we had good luck on trotlines baited with 1/2" [no bigger] cubes of cut shad. Only that was over 15 years ago ,so I dont remember where we went exactly.

5. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Hey Richard, I remember talking to you in the chat room. So don't you fish for cats anymore? I see you live in NM :confused2:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yes ,Jon I still fish for cats,Just been way too busy this summer to do much of it ,I'm hopin this fall and wonter will prove better .

7. RockyIII

RockyIII New Member

State:
    From NY but live in NM
    Hey Jon, I'm not sure what's up with the date, I haven't serously fished for big cats yet, usually just eating sized channels in smaller sized lakes. I'm going to start after the big cats in Elephant Butte in the spring and trying to find out which part of the lake to start looking.
    Have a good one, Jim

8. marky1957

marky1957 New Member

State:
    texas
    You have any luck?

9. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    I know this is an old post but did you have any luck?