Elephant Butte

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEW MEXICO TALK' started by moutainman, Mar 11, 2006.

1. moutainman

moutainman New Member

State:
    new mexico
    Looking for somebody that is fishing the butte for cats or is interested in doing so?

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well Ive been waitin for someone to reply to ya but it seems like no takers Idid happen to be fortunate enough to fish the Butte several years ago we did pretty well as Irecall if Iever get the chance to Id really like to go again :p

3. khershey

khershey New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    :) Hi all.
    Just moved here. I haven't got a chance to hit the lake yet, still unpacking. I will keep you all posted.:)

4. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    hi all,

im in the area till oct. and would like to get to EB to fish. I am free most weekends. will prob be starting to fish in the next few weeks.

5. MaxS

MaxS New Member

I haven't had a chance to try fishing Elephant Butte or Caballo yet, but I hear both have produced some very large flathead catfish. Are there baitstores in either lake where you can buy good-sized livebait (bluegill, goldfish, etc) that would be good flathead bait?

Anyway, if anybody here wants to try their luck fishing for flatheads on Elephant Butte or anywhere else in the lower Rio Grande valley, drop me a note.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    It might be in your best intrest to pick up a recent copy of the n.m.fishing regs. mine says that goldfish arent legal Ido know that shad are and therea great bait for cats at butte but you`ll prob. have to use a castnet and catch em yourself