Electronic Cigarettes?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Pip, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Anybody ever try them to quit from smoking. Supposed to be cheaper and healthier then actual smoking. Quiting cold turkey just hasn't worked for me. Guess i've been smoking to long or don't have that kind of will power. There is more to it then just quiting cold turkey.

I've been reading online about it, but after a while it just runs together. Don't know if I'm reading some sales pitch or the actual truth.

Anybody have any experience with these things?

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I’ve never heard of it but would be interested in finding out some info on it.

3. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    I tried one the other day and it wks just like a real cig! U put the oil in it and it smokes and everything. I am thinking of getting one myself!

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Just switch to menthol. LOL!

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Mike I quit about 8 months ago cold turkey and while I still want one I have only had a couple of puffs and that was a couple of weeks ago. It almost made me sick and that was just a couple of puffs (worse than when I first started). I made my mind up that Im quitting and apparently for now my mind says yes keep off of them LOL. I tried to quit a couple of years ago and was able to go 4 months but when I started back up it was like I never stopped now its like they taste like crap and make me sick.

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

My only question is how do you know what crap tastes like? LOL!!!! :wink:

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ive been overseas :wink::eek:oooh::smile2:

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I dipped for 33 years and quit the day after Memorial day this year. The main thing is you have to have made up your mind that you want to and are going to quit, otherwise you are wasting your time even trying. All the pills and gadgets in the world won't make you quit unless you have the right mindset.

9. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Sounds like I'm screwed then. 2 of the worst places I smoke is when I'm fishing and on the Computer. i damn sure ain't giving up fishing. Oh well.

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I took Chantix and quit. Been smoke free for 6 months or so and doing good. Their good but they made me sick even if I ate. I only took them for about 2 weeks total. If you can tolerate them upsetting your stomach their well worth taking. I looked at it like a little nausea versus a lifetime of problems from smoking.....
    Good Luck on whatever you decide!:cool2:

11. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    I bought one of the e-cigs works great. as far as helping you quit thats not what it is designed for its just a cleaner version of the traditional cig it does not ash and have the other 9000 ingredients its straight nicotine and i have not found any records stating that nicotine is bad for you

12. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Hell. Nicotine is a food group ain't it. LOL! I know it gets me movein in the mornin. In more ways than one. :wink:

13. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I was the same. I'd have two going at the time on the computer and couldn't fish without one.

Cigarettes had me beat down.
    When I quit I had no intentions of quitting. I walked into a store to buy a pack and walked out without a pack.
    I was a two pack a day smoker.

I've always dipped and chewed some.

Nicotine was really never the thing with quitting. I got over that within a week.
    It's the hand to mouth habit. That is the addiction to cigarettes.
    I still chew and dip some. For me it's nothing like cigarettes were.
    Some days I don't partake. I may go a couple of weeks and only take a dip on the way home from work.

I haven't smoked in I guess 7 years. I feel so much better that there is no way I would ever smoke another one. Don't want one. I can sit inbetween two people smoking my brand and even though I still like the smell I don't want one.

On top of that my wife's death was caused by her smoking.
    I don't want to go out suffocating. Luckily the lack of lung function wasn't supplying her heart enough oxygen and she was dead when she hit the floor in the middle of the night when she got up and was using an enebulizer.
    I would much rather her go that way then to suffer more then she already had.

14. justcallme12

justcallme12 New Member

State:
    MS
    I have a electronic cig. I used it to help stop smoking. Well I have to say it does help a great deal. Would at least calm the withdrawals. However I didn't quit smoking. But useing the e-cig was closest thing to help me quit , other than chantix.(but had severe side effects with chantix so had to stop it) Anyway only bad thing I noticed with the e-cig is my lungs would feel more heavy and I coughed alot. It was almost as if the water vapor was not all coming out and making my lungs feel congested. Which is most probable. I mean think about it. Water going in the lungs is not a good thing. And yes I already know what I'm putting there (smoking reg cigs) are not good either. But there is my thoughts on it.

15. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I would be really careful about these things. Have you heard their radio commercial? It sounds like the biggest scam I have ever heard of! They even tell you that their product is not healthy for you (but it's bound to be better than actual cigarettes...right)!

I have also heard that their "free" deal is loaded from the front. They bill you for a huge recurring recharge fee.

16. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I guess the question is, what is the substance that makes the E-CIG smoke. Could it be just as harmful to inhale? Knowing the only way to quit substance habits is to quit COLD TURKEY!! It's called WILLPOWER people!! It's all in the brain!! You want it, then do it!!

17. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I dont smoke but im thinking of taking up the e-ciggs. Maybe it will help me quit chewing.

18. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    good luck mike, i quit last year cold turkey and that lasted about 2 weeks, i did cut back but i think for this years new years resolution i'll give it another shot. i mainly think i started back up out of boredom, it was something to do while fishing, driving, watchin TV. and once i got past not having a cig. first thing in the morning is was actually pretty easy the rest of the day. i even switched from full flavor to ultra lights and hope to kick the habit the first of the year

19. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The beef jerky chew in a can helps. No joke. :wink:

20. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    reps to you for quitting