Electric power

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by troyedm, Jan 15, 2007.

1. troyedm

troyedm New Member

State:
    edmond oklahoma
    how bout a big thank you to the people working to keep our electric power on. i can't imagine how hard that job is, although i know how dangerous it is, especaily with the cold bad weather. how many linemen do we have on the board?

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Im not but do appreciate the job they do thanksfor posting

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    What reload said!

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I was a lineman once long ago but it was telephone. I feel for power linemen during theses ice storms. They earn their money for sure.

5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I worked for a utility for 23 yrs. That job is too dangerous for me. And worse now after deregulation. The companies are contracting the work and benchmarking, keeping fewer on the payroll, paying them less and working them more hours. For decades it was too dangerous to have a one man bucket truck, then overnight it was perfectly safe....now the guys may work in 3 or 4 states or even more. They follow the storms so the CEO's can have golden parachutes. Bad as what happened to the railroads. (Darn, I'm just a cranky ole fart ain't I.)

6. troyedm

troyedm New Member

State:
    edmond oklahoma
    unfortunately thats the way corp. america has gone. some day they will wish they had the talant they let go of.