electric boat anchor

Discussion in 'Boating' started by beakus, Jan 15, 2008.

1. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    I've been looking at the Trac "big water " anchor on e-bay,does anybody have any history with these?it has a free fall down and power up instead of power both ways,i'm thinking no amp draw down and alot faster.

2. Goofy

Goofy Member

State:
    Moline, Illinois
    John I wish I could have found the post I was looking for; I thought it was in the Swap Items. No luck. But, as I remember it someone wanted to sell or swap Trac 40 system. Only reason was too noisy to use in shallow water applications. This never occurred to me before, but would be smart to concider when looking for anchor systems

3. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I have the power up/ power down type. I'm not happy with them. I will be watching thread as I may change. I fish 60' at times and it takes a long time to hit bottom. I move several times in a day and have not had much prob with weak battery.

4. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    that was one of my main worries was waiting for the anchor just to get down and stay where i started it at,thats why i was looking at the free fall down.does the quality of the thing in general to be ok or is it a piece of crap not worth getting.

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    the minn-kotas i have don't take all that long to get down, I would think any faster than they are let out and you would ball up the spool? have 20# on each one and they do fine, no problems with the battery going dead.