Eldorado Mar.17-19.........Give it a few more weeks

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kansas_catman_16, Mar 19, 2009.

1. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    went out to eldorado for two days. Sadly no big cats to report:sad2: all i caught were some little 2-3lb channels. caught a few wipers on worms and jigs on tuesday when it was nice also got some nice walleyes biggest was 18 bggest i saw tho was 22:confused2: trout werent biting neither where crappie but ALOT of white bass:smile2:. id say 2-3 more weeks it'll be time to hit the lakes hard :wink::cool2:

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thanks for the report Joe....But hey sounds like you caught a mixed bag of fish.18" walleye is not to bad some good eating there.

Your right these fish are going to fire up real quik,on the lakes and everywhere else.

3. kansas_catman_16

State:
    Kansas
    ya but all the walleye i caught seemed to be females they were all real FAT :smile2:. i did hook something tho on the east side that kept pullin drag i neva saw wat it was:smile2::confused2::sad2:

4. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    THE TROUT ARE BITTING AT EL DORADO. I CAUGHT ABOUT 40 LAST SATURDAY, I KEPT 5 ALL OVER 2 LBS, TRY CRAPPIE JIGS OFF THE BRIDGE

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Roger thats alot of fish...good going!!

6. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Roger, Congrats on some nice trout. Is that one of them in your avatar??

7. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Shelby you drinking tonight:smile2::smile2:

8. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    It looks like a trout to me from here. No I am not drinking just wachin basketball My favorite time of the year except when I here my clicker screaming.

I guess as I look at it closer I think I can see the fins.

Btw Tom, your avatar looks like a very nice Bluegill:smile2::wink::smile2:

9. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    That's Funny i dont care who you are..!!:smile2::smile2:

10. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    This just amazes me and thrills me I might add.When I lived in ElDorado in the mid 50s the Walnut river was a sewer ditch.You might catch perch or bullheads.I mean the water was nasty and stunk.Now they are catching trout,way to go Kansas.:smile2:

11. kansas_catman_16

State:
    Kansas
    o i didnt try down that far i was fishing right below the spillway

12. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    joe, the trout are above the fence, shelby, thats a channel i got up at marion last summer, im over on the bridge most saturday,s and sundays
    i'm just waitin for the lake towarm up a little, but the trout are about all i can catch this time of year. i got the boat out of the barn las.t sunday and it go,s to the tire shop in el dorado on saturday for a new tire and then the cat,s are in trouble. i,m planning to up the cottenwood above marion on sunday, i give a fishin report on the trip on monday, i have to figure out how to downsize my pictures so i can post them this year

13. kansas_catman_16

State:
    Kansas
    i might be down at eldorado on saturday so i might c u not sure