Eldorado, Cheney, or Marion Gatherings this year?

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ken_hawk, May 9, 2008.

1. ken_hawk

ken_hawk New Member

State:
    Halstead, Kansas
    I'm making my way home from Pittsburg State this summer and I'm gonna be doing quite a bit of fishing around these areas. I was curious as to if there is any talk of a gathering at Eldorado, Cheney, or Marion Reservoirs this summer or if any of you guys fish these areas. I don't have my own boat so I'll be stuck bank/dock fishing for most of the summer. I'll be fishing the Little Arkansas River near Halstead most of the time since it's closest to me. But I'm definitely making a couple trips to some of the bigger waters for some better sized cats.

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Ken to start you should try to make the gathering at Milford on june 6-7-8.

I'm sure if you post a gathering on the lakes you asked about there will be some of us attending.

3. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    The Frau and me have been to Marion a couple of times last year, BEAUTIFUL lake, all we did was shore fish, it was great. We'd come.
    Also have been to El Dorado, another place we'd come to. Never have been to Cheney, but always enjoy fishing "new water", just say when for any of them.

4. ken_hawk

ken_hawk New Member

State:
    Halstead, Kansas
    Thanks for the replies guys. Jim, I'll definitely let you know when I go out to Marion. I've fished there a few times but never had much luck. Caught some good wallleye there though.

5. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    i'm in, i've been to marion only once but i think it is a nice lake and i want to go back,been to elderado a few more times dont like it as much but its close and it has fish!i have a 16 ft jon so you would be more than welcome to go out with me,hell maybe you can find the fish becuse i'm not doing that great at it.

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Id go to El Dorado. Maybe Marion. I dont really care for Cheney at all.For big cats El Dorado is the best bet imo.

7. ret.1stsgt

ret.1stsgt New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Be carfull if you go to El Dorado lake & be sure & wash your boat down good before you put it in another body of water I do not know first hand but I have been told that ElDorado lake has some Zebra mussels in it & a person suredoes not want to transfer them to another body of water. just an ole retired 1st sgt.:big_smile: